35s or 37s on 17 Denali with 6.2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 12:08 PM, Denaligrift said:

Wheels and tires will be here tomorrow. The lift will take 2 weeks. So I'm thinking beginning of October. 

Hey man, you ever end up getting everything installed?! I wanna see it!

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, 6.2_Denali said:

That looks damn good buddy! How do you like it?? 6” on 35s right?? Any scrubbing? 

Yeah 6" on 35s. Honestly when I first saw it I didn't like it cause I was in my mom's new F350 and her truck is higher with just 35s lol. After I washed it and stuff I like it more. I love it now. My parents made a good point that since it's not super high I can still go in parking garages and the car wash. Everyone said I would lose a lot of power but I feel like I haven't lost barely any. Gas mileage went down 2-3 miles. It's only been 4 days I've already got compliments from a lot of people. So overall I'm happy. Will definitely buy a diesel in a few years though. 

14 minutes ago, Denaligrift said:

Yeah 6" on 35s. Honestly when I first saw it I didn't like it cause I was in my mom's new F350 and her truck is higher with just 35s lol. After I washed it and stuff I like it more. I love it now. My parents made a good point that since it's not super high I can still go in parking garages and the car wash. Everyone said I would lose a lot of power but I feel like I haven't lost barely any. Gas mileage went down 2-3 miles. It's only been 4 days I've already got compliments from a lot of people. So overall I'm happy. Will definitely buy a diesel in a few years though. 

Looks good bro, yeah kinda sucks I have to spend 30-40$ each time I wanna take my truck to get washed since I don’t fit in the drive thru car wash no more ? and no more fast food drive Thur either

Edited by Frankielozano214

21 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Looks good bro, yeah kinda sucks I have to spend 30-40$ each time I wanna take my truck to get washed since I don’t fit in the drive thru car wash no more ? and no more fast food drive Thur either

Haha that is a bummer. My car wash is good up to 7'4" luckily. I got a monthly membership for $17 and go twice a week so it's already paying for itself. Damn I didn't even think about drive thru's lol

Get one of these Frankie. Save your $.

Then get a bucket and some microfiber towels . And some car wash soap. It's warm in Dallas. Like 70° at 8 pm?

I just washed my truck and trailer today at 34°. If its above freezing I do it in the driveway. Below freezing I have to hit the spray it yourself wash. Sucks not being able to fit in the regular car wash.

Pic is from summer761e5f7cea003a090c57a1d3632bd614.jpg3035b41675c26256b06677a9c6912e8f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BTW

Your truck looks good denaligrift[emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Denaligrift said:

That’s awesome man, looks good. I’m still undecided on the direction I want to go. And currently my truck is at the gmc body shop because a deer ran out of the woods and right into the side of my truck, about $3,700 worth of damage and a big pain in the ass. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, 6.2_Denali said:

That’s awesome man, looks good. I’m still undecided on the direction I want to go. And currently my truck is at the gmc body shop because a deer ran out of the woods and right into the side of my truck, about $3,700 worth of damage and a big pain in the ass. 

Oof. That's a bummer. Insurance cover it?

I think I'm still going to get 4.10 gears at the beginning of the year. I have to tow the sand car tomorrow and I bet I notice it. 

47 minutes ago, Denaligrift said:

Oof. That's a bummer. Insurance cover it?

I think I'm still going to get 4.10 gears at the beginning of the year. I have to tow the sand car tomorrow and I bet I notice it. 

Yeah insurance is covering it, but unfortunate timing with thanksgiving and everything bc it will probably take longer, we’ll see. But yeah I was thinking if I do 35s I’ll do 3.73 gears and if 37s I’ll do 4.10s, I do a decent amount of highway driving so I’m leaning more towards 3.73s

• 3 months later...
On 11/24/2020 at 9:18 PM, dieselfan1 said:

Get one of these Frankie. Save your $.

Then get a bucket and some microfiber towels . And some car wash soap. It's warm in Dallas. Like 70° at 8 pm?

I just washed my truck and trailer today at 34°. If its above freezing I do it in the driveway. Below freezing I have to hit the spray it yourself wash. Sucks not being able to fit in the regular car wash.

Pic is from summer761e5f7cea003a090c57a1d3632bd614.jpg3035b41675c26256b06677a9c6912e8f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BTW

Your truck looks good denaligriftemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Finally got the truck back, need to get some better pics but think it came out good!

LiftedDenali_1.jpg

• Like 1