2020 HD - What are the visual differences between 2500 and 3500

Well, with the SLT it is easy, just look at the door and you will see "2500" or "3500".  Since the "AT4" or "Denali" replaces "2500" or "3500" emblem on the door panels for those models, how can you visually tell the difference between the 3/4 ton or 1 ton?  I understand there is an additional leaf spring on the 3500 but is that the only way to tell?

Nothing visual really other than the badges or obviously if its a dually.  Oh, and if its a SRW with 17" wheels, it would be a 2500hd as GM only uses the 18" or 20" wheels on SRW 1 ton.  2500hd use 17, 18 and 20 inch wheels, SRW 3500hd use 18 and 20 inch wheels.    

1 ton gas use the same 11.5" as 2500hd gas and diesel, the 1 ton diesel have the 12" axle, but both use the same exact diff cover so to the eye, they look almost no different.    

Edited by newdude

On 9/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, newdude said:

Nothing visual really other than the badges or obviously if its a dually.  Oh, and if its a SRW with 17" wheels, it would be a 2500hd as GM only uses the 18" or 20" wheels on SRW 1 ton.    

1 ton gas use the same 11.5" as 2500hd gas and diesel, the 1 ton diesel have the 12" axle, but both use the same exact diff cover so to the eye, they look almost no different.    

Every 3500HD High Country that I looked at had 20" wheels.....

27 minutes ago, MrChips said:

Every 3500HD High Country that I looked at had 20" wheels.....

that's because of the High Country trim level.

The only visual differences between the 2500 and 3500 trucks are the rear upper overload springs, the door badging, and the bigger rear diff. I doubt the rear diff is actually visible to most people.

Drifting from the original question, but...

2020 3500 DRW High Country uses 

RS7         Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) forged polished aluminum
On HC -  Requires dual rear wheels. 

3500 SRW uses the same wheel as the 2500:

PYS    NEW!  Wheels, 20" (50.8 cm) polished aluminum, 16-spoke
HC -  Requires single rear wheels.

Edited by redwngr