ANY difference between Normal and Sport mode?

Tjeli

Did you notice any increase in power/performance?  MPG?
I purchased the truck with the exhaust already installed so I don't have anything to compare it to sorry.

I also have the 6.2, so for me saving gas isn't really a main focus of mine.

I have a lead food, so my sport mode it's not used to cruise around, it's used to hear the exhaust scream and to feel the engine come alive [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dani2005 said:

I purchased the truck with the exhaust already installed so I don't have anything to compare it to sorry.

I also have the 6.2, so for me saving gas isn't really a main focus of mine.

I have a lead food, so my sport mode it's not used to cruise around, it's used to hear the exhaust scream and to feel the engine come alive emoji16.png

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The performance and MPG was more of a curiousity.  Borla has claimed about 13HP, which is probably not noticeable, and about 1-2 mpg.

I plan on adding an exhaust soon, probably the borla S.

51 minutes ago, blckblt said:

The performance and MPG was more of a curiousity.  Borla has claimed about 13HP, which is probably not noticeable, and about 1-2 mpg.

I plan on adding an exhaust soon, probably the borla S.

There is a magazine article out there that shows the GMPP adds 15 HP and it made a improvement of .2 secs in time to 60 mph. I can't remember which one?? Sorry. Not a big gain, but it is a gain. I have noticed since putting on my Corsa Exhaust and S&B CAI that is very noticeable and I see an almost .35 secs improvement in sport mode. I just use an App.  @OnTheReel has the real 0-60 timer device and he has seen great gains with his truck. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Have a 2021 Chevy Silverado z71 4x4. Noticed a very rough ride and neck breaking throttle response on Normal mode. The very hard ride made the back of my neck sore especially on California’s worst roads in the nation ( makes sense we have the highest gas taxes NOT).I experimented with putting the pickup in sports mode thinking it would be worse than what it already was. Boy was I surprised. It rode much smoother and the throttle was a much more gradual increase in speed. It rode like my old 2008 Chevy it was awesome. My Conclusion the modes are backwards and (the Chevy software has a problem remember our Chevy’s get software updates and just like a computer there can be issues) are reversed in the module. The steering was even better and not as tight which is the way it’s supposed to be in normal mode. If you Chevy pickup rides like a tank in normal mode put it in sports mode because this is definitely a software labeling problem.