Educator discount

16 hours ago, Pate Services said:

I used my wife's educator discount on my 2020 3500HD. Remember you can also negotiate below that. Dealer gets a small kickback from GM when they give the educator discount and there is a 3% hold back on the msrp that they get back from GM.

Pate Services, Do you know if the GM Educator Discount can be used along with Costco Pricing?

8 minutes ago, Pate Services said:

It's my understanding that Costco pricing and Educator pricing both get you around invoice. I dont think they stack. But I also think sometimes you get costco money besides the discount  when you purchase. I had a family member get this when costco had this deal last December. 

I was just quoted by a local dealer and allowed me to combined Costco and educator together. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 6:36 PM, Austinamp said:

It looks like on 11/3/2020 the list of eligible vehicle for the Educator Discount was updated and no longer includes the HDs. 

Now that I’m back to considering an HD, are you sure they’re not included? I saw a list of 2020 vehicles and it just lists Silverado and Sierra without labeling any class specifically. Did a dealer tell you they weren’t accepting it anymore? 

I was looking the other day at the build and price option on the educator website, the HDs are included to some extent. I look at a '21 Sierra in the Sierra, SLE and SLT trims and all three showed them discounted until I tried adding any packages, then they became, ineligible for the discount. For example, with the SLT, the only option I added was the X31 package and the truck was no longer eligible. I was thinking of adding a post here since this didn't seem correct to me. Why would GM offer a discount on only the base configurations?

Also to clarify, while my wife is eligible for the educator discount, I am eligible for the supplier discount. I ran into the same limitations with build and price on that site as well.

Edited by Rozz522

2 minutes ago, Rozz522 said:

I was looking the they other day at the build and price option on the educator website, the HDs are included to some extent. I look at a '21 Sierra in the Sierra, SLE and SLT trims and all three showed them discounted until I tried adding any packages, then they became, ineligible for the discount. For example, with the SLT, the only option I added was the X31 package and the truck was no longer eligible. I was thinking of adding a post here since this didn't seem correct to me. Why would GM offer a discount on only the base configurations?

Also to clarify, while my wife is eligible for the educator discount, I am eligible for the supplier discount. I ran into the same limitations with build and price on that site as well.

Interesting. When I was being quoted by dealers for new trucks, they often referred to the educator discount as supplier pricing. That’s at least been my experience thus far. 

Just now, Z71RAD88 said:

Interesting. When I was being quoted by dealers for new trucks, they often referred to the educator discount as supplier pricing. That’s at least been my experience thus far. 

I can see that, when I build and price on both websites, the discounts seem in line. I haven't done a direct one for one comparison yet though.

17 minutes ago, Z71RAD88 said:

Going back to your comment of why GM would offer it on some packages/trim combos and not others, my guess is demand for certain trims is demand is too high and they feel confident they can sell the truck without the discount. Hell, some dealerships around my neck of the woods flat out told me they normally offer the educator discount but aren’t currently because supply is so tight aka, not needed to sell the truck. In one particular case the truck I inquired about was sold about three days later.