Educator discount

24 minutes ago, Z71RAD88 said:

Going back to your comment of why GM would offer it on some packages/trim combos and not others, my guess is demand for certain trims is demand is too high and they feel confident they can sell the truck without the discount. Hell, some dealerships around my neck of the woods flat out told me they normally offer the educator discount but aren’t currently because supply is so tight aka, not needed to sell the truck. In one particular case the truck I inquired about was sold about three days later. 

I thought the same thing, but then why even offer the discount on the base package? If I add the Z71/X31 package on the base WT/Sierra model, does that really change demand? It just seems a little too arbitrary where they draw the line for me to think that is the actual intent. I'm waiting until after the winter to buy so I haven't engaged a dealer or anything and haven't pursued this any further since it may all be different in a few months.

As far as supplier discount goes I notice this changed one day on the vehicle I ordered. I then messaged my salesman who asked the sales manager and they told me that it does have supplier pricing even if it’s not showing.