What UOA Company?

For now I will pass on a UOA.

Went to Polaris/Horizon web site. $24 for the kit but $32 for shipping. Really? $32 to ship. I liked to be kissed when I get screwed. 

I will change my oil as I have done for years. The cost of a UOA will more than pay for an oil change. I believe I said this before.

Thanks for all the help though.

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

Went to Polaris/Horizon web site. $24 for the kit but $32 for shipping. Really? $32 to ship. I liked to be kissed when I get screwed. 

I will change my oil as I have done for years. The cost of a UOA will more than pay for an oil change. I believe I said this before.

Have Blackstone ship you the container....then it ships for free!

Hey guys, I thought I posted this but went back and and checked and I didn't.  If anyone is interested in using Terry Dyson you can reach him at 

[email protected]   He said that for me to post this in-case others were interested in his service.  He is retired but still takes on personal vehicles.  He has a huge data base to pull information on and the fact that he sends an audio file and explains every line on the UOA PDF he sends really adds a personal touch.  Plus if you have questions you can contact him and he will be glad to explain in detail.

If you do reach out let him know I sent you.  Not sure if he will offer a discount but never hurts to try.  I don't get anything from it.  Just that I have used his services for years and even met him personally when I took a trip to Dallas way back in 2003. 

9 hours ago, diyer2 said:

If you go through my website and look up Oil Analizers Inc.  The UOA is $33.80 and includes shipping.  This is Polaris labs/Horizon.  Going though AMSOIL gives you a discount.  If you are a Preferred Customer it is even less but I can't post that information.

2 hours ago, diyer2 said:

My main goal is to get an accurate oil dilution test. I thought  Polaris labs had the best test for this.

GDI motors do dilute more than any other. That said fire isn't the problem as much as viscosity breakdown. Gasoline is the very lightest ends of lubricating oil so it stays in solution. As long as you viscosity stays in specification.....  Just saying you know indirectly by viscosity. Unless you really need to know the exact number. Mine has run a pretty steady 2.5% no matter what I do and yet my vis is good to go.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:54 AM, Black02Silverado said:

Hey guys, sorry to get back on here late.  Been busy fixing things around the house.  I installed a pocket door. I must say, it wasn't hard but I'm no drywall guy.:crackup:

Terry is retired Navy and also just retired from his Analysis business but told me that he is doing some still, just not on the scale with corporations and such.  You can reach him at  [email protected]

Like stated above by Grumpy Bear, Terry sends a PDF and an audio file to explain the UOA report.  Also his test for fuel dilution is current and more precise. It is my understanding Blackstone Labs uses an older method and it isn't very accurate.  The process to detect fuel is expensive for the current system and one can't blame any lab for not wanting to update their equipment.  Fuel dilution is important now with direct injection.  It can cause major issues.  Case in point.  My FD in our 2016 Suburban was 3.7 and that is way to high.  Needless to say it caused issues and this is why I do UOA's.  So I can adjust my drain intervals accordingly.

You posted it, :)

Edited by txab
  • Thanks 1

Hey Nick..... You used the WIX UOA once didn't you? I did once or twice but it's been more than 6 or 7 years ago, But as I stated, from what I remember it was a "just the facts" breakdown. Do you remember?

12 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

If you go through my website and look up Oil Analizers Inc.  The UOA is $33.80 and includes shipping.  This is Polaris labs/Horizon.  Going though AMSOIL gives you a discount.  If you are a Preferred Customer it is even less but I can't post that information.

Thanks 

I'm a preferred customer of Amsoil.  

9 hours ago, txab said:

Hey Nick..... You used the WIX UOA once didn't you? I did once or twice but it's been more than 6 or 7 years ago, But as I stated, from what I remember it was a "just the facts" breakdown. Do you remember?

Yes, I got a Wix UOA.  They were on Amazon for like $8 at the time and I got two.  It is just the basic break down.  No TAN or comments about the UOA. Here is one on my 2002 running 5w-20 at the time for 5k miles.

2002 Silverado Wix UOA.pdf

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, txab said:

That's what I was thinking the report was. I couldn't find mine from WIX to post

Lucky I print out and keep all mine in a binder.  Old school.  :crackup:

Just checked an Amazon has them for $12.65.  Not bad for just the basics.

Edited by Black02Silverado