Got a ‘21 RST 6.2

4 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

Mine only has one flapper, it’s before the muffler.  The way the exhaust is welded up it looks like a rear flapper delete from the factory. 

Hmm... how strange. Don't think I've seen that before. 

4 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

Unfortunately your way isn’t gaining the HP seen in a true cat back exhaust. If you have seen the flappers on the stock exhaust they block almost 50% air flow. That’s why I saved up and went with a Corsa Exhaust. I can feel, hear, and see the performance advantage it has had since putting it on. By hey, yours sounds good on start up.  Just my 2 cents. 
OP great looking truck. You’ll love the 6.2L. 
congrats. 

Thanks, I wasn't in it for any hp gains. The 6.2 has plenty as it is. I just wanted to be able to hear all that power and now I can. I've got Corsa on my Vette though and I love it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

OP great looking truck. You’ll love the 6.2L. 
congrats. 

Thanks.  I had an 18 with a 6.2, that trans felt smoother and was definitely quicker out of the whole.  The new one feels 500 lbs lighter once moving though.  

Edited by SILVER SLED

9 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

Thanks.  I had an 18 with a 6.2, that trans felt smoother and was definitely quicker out of the whole.  The new one feels 500 lbs lighter once moving though.  

See. I feel opposite. My 2018 Sierra 6.2L 8 spd was a clunking dog. Made me so mad. Now when I tuned it. It was a whole new beast. But this new HC I have with 10 spd, exhaust and CAI is faster all around. I love this truck. Don’t miss my 18 at all. Hopefully you will also. Take care. 

On 10/16/2020 at 10:35 PM, SILVER SLED said:

Just got a ‘21 RST ccsb satin steel 6.2.  Leather buckets.  I miss some of the things my 18 LTZ 6.2 had but I like some of the new features this truck has.  I put Hankook Dynapro AT-2 275/60-20s, I don’t like how narrow the Goodyear Trailrunners look. Truck has the black emblem package, and I have black Z71 fender badges on order.  I’m contemplating the accessory black grill, probably gonna do the muffler delete (it’s quieter than a 5.3 truck side by side), and contemplating level/lift.  Probably gonna start with just a 1.5” in the front.  It’s only $37.  If that’s not enough I’ll go 2” in the front and either 1” or 1.5” in the rear and nothing more as far as lift goes.    

Highly suggest readylifts 2'' level. I was impressed with the quality and the overall look afterwards on my RST.

5 hours ago, BlackRST said:

Highly suggest readylifts 2'' level. I was impressed with the quality and the overall look afterwards on my RST.

Do you have a pic?   I started with a 2” level on my first 14-19 truck and it sat too high in the front.  I ordered a 1.5 lift for the front.  At $37 I’ll install it and see how it looks and go from there, or maybe leave it.  

Edited by SILVER SLED

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have a pic?   I started with a 2” level on my first 14-19 truck and it sat too high in the front.  I ordered a 1.5 lift for the front.  At $37 I’ll install it and see how it looks and go from there, or maybe leave it.  

d1dcff9fe53ca59ee9ef66ab1ef7447f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk