Got a ‘21 RST 6.2

5 hours ago, KARNUT said:

My last new Texas editions truck was color matched. Door handles and mirrors. I had a Ford even had color match rim inserts and grill. Along with mirrors and door handles. I’m not a fan of lots of bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought somebody as old as you would be all about chrome.  :)

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, BluegrassMotorsport said:

Congrats! Definitely go with the muffler delete on the 6.2. I did on mine and it's great. At $75, it sounds just as good as those $1400 systems to me for much less money. Post pics! 

I didn’t see an option for muffler delete is it an option or do you just talk to your exhaust buddy 

4 hours ago, Rod M said:

I didn’t see an option for muffler delete is it an option or do you just talk to your exhaust buddy 

Just talk to your exhaust buddy. On the 6.2 exhaust, there's a flapper valve before and after the muffler. I recommend leaving both for low highway noise. My guy just welded a pipe back in place of the muffler. Sounds aggressive on startup and under throttle but quiet on the highway. It's the perfect blend for me. 

21 minutes ago, BluegrassMotorsport said:

Just talk to your exhaust buddy. On the 6.2 exhaust, there's a flapper valve before and after the muffler. I recommend leaving both for low highway noise. My guy just welded a pipe back in place of the muffler. Sounds aggressive on startup and under throttle but quiet on the highway. It's the perfect blend for me

Mine only has one flapper, it’s before the muffler.  The way the exhaust is welded up it looks like a rear flapper delete from the factory. 

97E8E735-0AFF-48BD-BC2A-46CEA9B03305.jpeg

43 minutes ago, BluegrassMotorsport said:

Just talk to your exhaust buddy. On the 6.2 exhaust, there's a flapper valve before and after the muffler. I recommend leaving both for low highway noise. My guy just welded a pipe back in place of the muffler. Sounds aggressive on startup and under throttle but quiet on the highway. It's the perfect blend for me. 

Unfortunately your way isn’t gaining the HP seen in a true cat back exhaust. If you have seen the flappers on the stock exhaust they block almost 50% air flow. That’s why I saved up and went with a Corsa Exhaust. I can feel, hear, and see the performance advantage it has had since putting it on. By hey, yours sounds good on start up.  Just my 2 cents. 
OP great looking truck. You’ll love the 6.2L. 
congrats. 

Edited by TNTSilverado