Service DEF System - XX miles until 65 mph

I got the truck back today from the dealer.  The truck was throwing a  P122D code, which is a throttle valve position error.  Testing showed the valve did not return to the closed position when the engine was shut down. The throttle body was replaced and that resolved the issue.  Seems unlikely but it's good so far.

Edited by unit
Fix wording

I was having the same issue, message on the dash, 2020 2500 Duramax HC with 31,000 miles. I ended up at the dealer because I was unable to locate anything plus it is still under warranty. I dropped it off and there was a 2021 3500 DRW sitting in the lot with out of state plates. They gave me a loaner car to get me around. So after about 4 hours, I get a call and was told that the connector on top of the DEF tank had melted. I was also told that this has become an issue. Finding out that the DRW that is in the parking lot did the same thing. That truck has been their for two weeks.

It has now been 4 weeks, I called after 3 weeks, I am being told that they have not been able to get the part(s) that are needed. According to the service mgr, they have talked with their GM rep and they don't know when the parts will be available  I asked about the DRW, I was told that it was still there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have always driven Honda/Toyota cars.  My husband buys this $50K Chevy Silverado Truck.   The DEF system constantly breaks down.  We can't go on a trip without it having an issue.  It is currently at the dealership and they can't fix it and they don't know when or if it can be fixed.  They have 6 new Chevy trucks sitting there that they are trying to fix.   I just don't get why anyone would buy a GM product.  This is beyond crazy, especially for someone like me who has had 40 years on dependable vehicles. 

1 hour ago, CHARLI said:

I have always driven Honda/Toyota cars.  My husband buys this $50K Chevy Silverado Truck.   The DEF system constantly breaks down.  We can't go on a trip without it having an issue.  It is currently at the dealership and they can't fix it and they don't know when or if it can be fixed.  They have 6 new Chevy trucks sitting there that they are trying to fix.   I just don't get why anyone would buy a GM product.  This is beyond crazy, especially for someone like me who has had 40 years on dependable vehicles. 

Can you GCWR 40,000 with your Honda?

20220426_151807.thumb.jpg.f5dd697c0e2772ec74a13f22d13916d5.jpg

• Like 2

We have a small farm with a small tractor, but right now I could pull his trailer with my SUV through the field better than he can, because his truck is sitting at the dealership, with timeframe unknown.   This has been going on since February.  Pretty worthless $50k.  Have you had to replace your rear panels from rust yet?  Or your injectors?  Good luck with your junk.

Nope. Not yet. '22 w/ <4k miles, '21 w/ <30k, '19 w/ <42k, '15 w/ <98k, '93 w/ <248k, '90 w/ ?, speedo broke in '95. The last 3 are gas burners. 

I know you are upset, but you didn't answer the question, I put forth to you. Sounds like a liberal. Deflect. Question was a yes/no, I try to keep it simple nowadays. 

20190424_091656.thumb.jpg.d495ee5489d8f3b215434f744a49e4c6.jpg

• Like 1

I am politically relaxed - which means I think for myself.  I don't need a political party to tell me how I am suppose to think.  I don't belong to either cult (far right or far left).    You obviously believe in your Chevy's regardless of their quality.  That is exactly where GM wants you.

3 hours ago, CHARLI said:

I am politically relaxed - which means I think for myself.  I don't need a political party to tell me how I am suppose to think.  I don't belong to either cult (far right or far left).    You obviously believe in your Chevy's regardless of their quality.  That is exactly where GM wants you.

Based on every one of your comments, i dont think "relaxed" should ever be used do describe anything about you.  Enjoy your Honda's!  One more thing, if you are comfortable enough financially to retire at 49, I dont think a $50k truck should make you fret.  Enjoy your retirement.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CHARLI said:

Your pics look like you have to work a lot.  I drove Hondas/Toyotas for years.  They allowed me to save enough to retire at age 49.  Guess you couldn't do that.  Have fun with all of your work trucks.

Just trying to feed people's mouths with food. Great gpa, gpa, dad, myself and 2 of my boys are following our footsteps. Started with horses and the way it's going, will be back to horses. It takes work trucks to farm. With these emissions systems failing and not allowed to operate without them, it's going to get bad.

If more people returned to farming or what some call work, we could do without the large equipment, which DEF emissions is part of now. But no, people wanted the easy life, move to the city and retire before 50.

I will bet my life's earnings, you will eat food until you die.

• Like 2

I own a small farm (40 acres - corn and beans).  I worked for a fortune 50 company for 30+ years.  This company made products that literally lasted forever.  I remember the meeting where it was decided that if our products lasted forever, we couldn't make money in parts.  That is when Engineering changed to planned obsolescence (ie designed to fail).  GM is doing the same thing.  They all are.  Don't fight it, obviously they have everyone brainwashed into accepting it.  In life, you get what you accept.