Course Motorsports Phone Holder Review

fsuboy75

So I bought one of these to try after having gotten several stick on magnet holders from Amazon that were junk and the adhesive fell off!!

https://coursemotorsports.com/collections/phone-mounts-1/products/chevrolet-gmc-1500-direct-fit-magnetic-phone-mount

I have to say I love it.  Super easy to install, take off the trim, 4 screws pull out the stack a little bit and it bolts on to the existing screw!   Very sturdy and the magnet is very strong.   The backing that goes on your phone case is also strong adhesive.   

With the lack of usable room in a new Silverado without a full console, this is definitely a solution to finding a place to put your phone rather than using one of the two valuable cupholder spaces and a solution if you don't want to block your vents with a clip holder.  Adhesive holders I've found fall off after time.

I bought two of these (one for my bro) and he doesn't want it.  I am not intending this to be a want ad, but does anyone want my extra one?  It's new in the packaging (took out for photos).  I'll ship it for free if you pay me what I paid for it.  Plus you won't have to wait weeks to get it.   It is for a 2019 to 2020/21 -1500, 2500 and 3500.

20201116_180341.jpg

20201103_152728.jpg

Edited by fsuboy75
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SPASierra said:

I guess it’s good for those with the jump seat. I like being able to toss my phone on the wireless charger. I also loathe texting and driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't have the full console.  I don’t use it while its there....its just nice to have somewhere to put my phone.  Its easy to put it in place and when I jump out I grab it and go.   I'm limited on space in the new Silverado, only 2 cup holders and all the other little cubbies on the arm rest are pretty much useless for anything but the key fob.  

I'd say it's handy if you're doing mapping and you want to see it on your phone rather than your screen.....

But for me its just a convenient spot to put it so I can get to it easy when I need my phone.   And I know its not going to slide forward onto the floor.

1 minute ago, flyingfool said:

have you tried the weather tech cup phone holder, or the knock off versions?

No!   Because you'll end up losing the cup holder again anyway.   

I was tired of losing a cupholder by putting my phone in there in the first place.   Thats why I got this.  

10 hours ago, flyingfool said:

have you tried the weather tech cup phone holder, or the knock off versions?

I use one while golfing to hold my phone for gps, music control, etc but in my truck I did not like losing one of two cupholders.  At least in a golf cart there are four.

14 hours ago, fsuboy75 said:

No!   Because you'll end up losing the cup holder again anyway.   

I was tired of losing a cupholder by putting my phone in there in the first place.   Thats why I got this.  

You bought one or you were given one in trade for your review? They spammed the site last week hitting up many members through PMs to advertise their product in return for free product

As of now they (Course Motorsports) have been banned from the site for the tactics

Edited by txab

2 hours ago, txab said:

You bought one or you were given one in trade for your review? They spammed the site last week hitting up many members through PMs to advertise their product in return for free product

As of now they (Course Motorsports) have been banned from the site for the tactics

I have no connection with them whatsoever.  Just doing a review.

I bought two of them, a month or more ago, one for me and one for my bro.  They don't allow returns once taken out of the package unless broken.    Since I can't return it, I thought I'd offer it to someone to save them shipping rate and time (took two weeks) and tax rate and get some of the money I spent on it.   

All I am saying is I like the product.   You can take this post down if you think it doesn't comply with TOS.    

Edited by fsuboy75