Storage

What does everyone use for storage? I have used the under the back seat organizer which was awesome but I had to take it out each time I brought my dog in the truck. I am not a huge fan of the huge tool box in the back of the pick up. I am considering the lower profile one that doesn't stick above the bed or the wheel well smaller tool box. I wouldn't store much just tie downs, hitch, jumper cables, maybe some towels. I do have a medium size tool bag but dont think it would fit in the Wheel well box. I do use the bed to haul stuff from time to time. any input would be appreciated! 

Thanks guys

49 minutes ago, Mitchell Wagner said:

What does everyone use for storage? I have used the under the back seat organizer which was awesome but I had to take it out each time I brought my dog in the truck. I am not a huge fan of the huge tool box in the back of the pick up. I am considering the lower profile one that doesn't stick above the bed or the wheel well smaller tool box. I wouldn't store much just tie downs, hitch, jumper cables, maybe some towels. I do have a medium size tool bag but dont think it would fit in the Wheel well box. I do use the bed to haul stuff from time to time. any input would be appreciated! 

Thanks guys

Besides the under rear seat, I added an older under hood storage box from a '96ish Silverado where the extra battery would normally go, on drivers side. It holds my jumper cables, hitch, & a couple other items.

Thats actually a really good idea. Do you have pictures? 

1 hour ago, rav3 said:

Besides the under rear seat, I added an older under hood storage box from a '96ish Silverado where the extra battery would normally go, on drivers side. It holds my jumper cables, hitch, & a couple other items.

34 minutes ago, Mitchell Wagner said:

Thats actually a really good idea. Do you have pictures? 

I posted my write up a few months ago with pics. Go to this thread & scroll down to #10 I think.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/209643-underhood-storage/?tab=comments#comment-2389314

Here's a picture with jumper cables in.

2017 underhood storeage.jpg

Edited by rav3

18 hours ago, Mitchell Wagner said:

Thanks guys

I installed one of these, love it.

https://www.amazon.com/UnderCover-SwingCase-SC100D-2007-2018-Chevrolet/dp/B001B7TSSQ

• Like 1

+1 on the swing case. I had one 3 trucks ago. Skipped it in my last truck and put one in my current one and remembered why I liked it. I did the drivers side only, but you can do either and/or both. bb6977034c4c71bf61bb348a44ae0d46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, slide187 said:

+1 on the swing case. I had one 3 trucks ago. Skipped it in my last truck and put one in my current one and remembered why I liked it. I did the drivers side only, but you can do either and/or both. bb6977034c4c71bf61bb348a44ae0d46.jpg

Exactly!   Just measure height so there’s some tailgate clearance when it swings open.

Did either of you have issues with water leaking in the box? I read a few reviews that they had issues but wasnt sure

I never have. The one I had 2 trucks ago was fine but mostly under a tonneau... but sometimes not. And never had a problem. The under lid seal on this new one is a lot better than the old one used to be, but this one has been under the tonneau since I got it, so I can’t really say, but the case itself is a lot better made than it used to be. Not that it used to be bad. But they’ve made improvements over the years.

i recently installed a driver side swing case and other than the cost it is the shizzle. It rides under a Tonneau cover so stays dry. I too have plastic tote strapped to the front of the bed but I hated having to roll the cover and climb in bed to grab small stuff but that is a good solution also.

Yotaman

• Like 1