No more Denalis for us

Over the past 10 years my wife and I have purchased a new Fully Loaded 4x4 Denali every 2 years... until now. We have had 1500s, 2500 HD L5P, and most recent a Yukon. After the lack of response and crappy service from GM (not the dealership) following a blatantly obvious noise/pressure issue, we were fed up. A vehicle is not supposed to hurt your ears and give you headaches and the manufacturer keep saying “it is functioning as designed” BS!!  

For the high cost of the new GM SUVs, we instead went with a 6 seater (3 rows of bucket seat option) 2020 Mercedes GLS580. Our 2012 E550 AMG Cabriolet (same engine) has been great for 80k miles and the GLS is longer than the K2 Yukon but Shorter than the 2021 Yukon. It rides SO much smoother, tighter, and quieter and with more tech and better build quality and materials, all with Mercedes 7 year 100k mile warranty (if we keep it that long). Been with GM since 1990 (RC Sierra GT Stepside) and still have the Sierra AT4 and 2007 Sierra 1500 SWB RC though...for now.

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Confused 1

Enjoy. I have never had any vehicle in the shop as much with ticky tack ****** as our 2016 e350. Sure it was fixed, but all that tech glitches, and my time is money. Sold it the day the warranty expired, and wont ever go back (4y 50k was warranty back then - I imagine an extended mb warranty is crazy expensive). I do really like German design and solid feel...probably go BMW after kids get off insurance...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

Time to move up to a G-Glass if you ask me. The last body-on-frame V8 SUV with a column shifter. A Mercedes, who would have thought...

Have to wait until kids are gone ?
we did have a look and yea... NICE!!

I’ve owned many GM products. Most trucks traded every two years. My wife generally keeps her cars 5 years. Her favorite all time vehicle is going on 11 years. Just became our trip car. I finally drove it enough to appreciate it. I have to agree. 2011 Genesis. It still looks new. I can’t imagine a better car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup, its sad GM can't figure out a real fix for the pressure issue.

enjoy your upgraded ride...

just get rid of it before the warranty runs out.  ?

with shop rates & parts cost.... its not worth it, after warranty

On 11/30/2020 at 8:33 PM, CamGTP said:

I guess price wasn't an object lol. Those GLS's are like 90-110K or more depending on trim.

Note is about the same as a loaded Denali or Escalade since it holds its value better so lower interest rate...and get more for the money. So far we are very pleased. 

• Confused 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, gat0r said:

yup, its sad GM can't figure out a real fix for the pressure issue.

enjoy your upgraded ride...

just get rid of it before the warranty runs out.  ?

with shop rates & parts cost.... its not worth it, after warranty

Agree. 

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, flyingfool said:

what is the pressure issue?????

It was a very long like hundreds of comments post but I don’t know what happened to it and I can’t find it but maybe somebody else can but the below I did find:

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/12/there-s-a-big-issue-with-gm-s-suvs-and-no-one-seems-to-have-a-solution.html?amp

And apparently it was a good choice not to stay with GM SUVs (because we were considering the Escalade since it’s about the same price) because they still have not fixed the problem...

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lincoln/navigator/2020/2020-bmw-x7-2021-cadillac-escalade-lincoln-navigator-mercedes-benz-gls-class-3-row-luxury-suv-comparison-test-review/

B12B3C01-473E-443E-B618-B96AF5BA5247.thumb.jpeg.895df0b1fa3a07d3de713999e9b727e8.jpeg

17 hours ago, flyingfool said:

well you put wagon wheels on a truck, what do you think is gonna happen to your ride... sounds like you need to rethink this

The GLS has same size rim and super smooth. I agree big rims on older rides make a huge difference but the newer ones are supposed to be designed with the OEM sizes in mind.