2.5 to 2" Hitch reducers/clamps

Hey folks,

Looking to see what you guys are using for hitch reducers/clamps to go down to a 2"

I run a Kuat NV 2" bike rack w/ anti wobble hitch cam but with the sleeve it wobbles too much for my liking carrying $12K worth of bikes.

One of my buddies suggested buying a longer 2" sleeve and having it welded from the spare tire side of the hitch, but not sure if I want to do something that permanent yet.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Looking to see what you guys are using for hitch reducers/clamps to go down to a 2"

I run a Kuat NV 2" bike rack w/ anti wobble hitch cam but with the sleeve it wobbles too much for my liking carrying $12K worth of bikes.

One of my buddies suggested buying a longer 2" sleeve and having it welded from the spare tire side of the hitch, but not sure if I want to do something that permanent yet.

Thanks!

You can drill and tap the outside receiver for a 1/2” bolt and lock nut. It puts pressure on the inside reducer so there’s no play. I did this with my past two trucks. 511ce272afe191c1808d7c060a116982.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t remember how the Kuat NV wedge system works but here is a picture of the adapter that 1-UP makes and it works great for me.

I switched to 1-UP years ago because I was one of the coaches on my daughter’s NICA team and I needed to carry 6 bikes sometimes (two of the 1-UP racks on the tonneau cover and a 4 place in the hitch).

This adapter has worked well in my 2016 and 2020.

If you need the pin to go all the way through you may need to drill an additional hole as CPAP did above...

050e56386be2e670870e35c786f834bd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 5 months later...