Employee Pricing for December

gmatx

Does anyone know how employee pricing works when it comes to negotiating with a participating dealer?  Does negotiating just go out the window for the next month, or are they allowed to sell below that price?

In November, my GMC dealer (Texas) agreed to sell me a truck at invoice, less rebates when it comes in.  At that time, the GMC cash allowance was $6250, and the dealer was taking off another $4100 to get to invoice price, for a total of $10,350 off of MSRP.  Now for December, the GMC cash allowance is $3750, and the Employee Pricing drops it by $6,100, for a total discount of $9,850.  Can I still expect my dealer to knock $4,100 (or maybe a smaller amount) off of the price, and give me a tremendous deal, or does employee pricing negate the possibility of any dealer discounts?

Employee pricing does not automatically negate any additional discount as a dealership can essentially sell you a truck at any price they want. Is it likely they're going to give you an extra $4100 off an employee pricing + cash allowance deal, no, it's not. Will they probably honor your original deal and sell it to you at invoice, maybe.

Let us know how it turns out.

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

They should be able to give repeat, employee price plus their discount of 4100. Just an FYI invoice doesn't mean what they paid for it. I read an article that dealer will get bonouses based on certain metrics and that can trickle down to customers. Specially in places like Houston. Bought my 13F150 from Houston for 6k cheaper than what my buddy paid for his in ND exact same truck down to the color, aside from the name of the package (mine was tx edition his was chrome edition) exact same thing he didn't get a a badge on the tailgate saying tx edition

Its like the all star package and the Texas edition. Same darn thing.

Sounds like they are a volume dealer.  I've been watching prices around here, and regardless of the incentives, pricing has stayed the same for volume dealers.

Regardless, I'm sure they told you they won't guarantee the price on an ordered vehicle.  This is the gamble you take to order exactly what you want.