2020 Silverado LTZ Auto Dimming Mirrors

Good afternoon, 

I just got a 2020 Silverado LTZ that has the auto dimming mirror feature on it.  

I have tinted windows and at night it is damn near impossible to see with the tinted windows and dimming mirrors.  

Is there any way to turn this feature off or do I have to go to the dealer to do it.  I can't find a dang thing online covering it. 

Thank you in advance!

Scott

37 minutes ago, rusty503 said:

This not an auto dimming mirror. That one has a flip lever on the bottom. Auto dimming mirrors do not have that.

Not true. I have the Rear Camera Mirror and when the camera display is off, it auto-dims.

Then let me apologize. I have not seen one of those before. I take it that you use the lever to swap between camera and mirror. If it is auto dimming then look for a dark dot at the top center of the mirror glass. That is the portion you will want to cover. That is where the sensor is at. There are actually two of them. One on the windshield side and one facing the rear. The mirror looks for a difference between the two. If the one on the windshield side senses darkness and then increased light level on the mirror side one, the mirror starts to dim. If the windshield side sensor detects daylight the mirror will not dim because there is little to no difference in the light levels.

Last night I was trying to do some rough testing by covering up that part on the mirror with my thumb and it seemed to un-dim. Tough to tell 100% though while I was trying to drive. Slap a piece of electrical tape over this sensor and see if that works for you.

Also, do they put these mirrors in all the LTZ's even if you don't have the Tech Package? You don't have the Reverse Camera Mirror....if you pull the tab towards you? I pretty much use the camera exclusively, its really nice.

image.png

44 minutes ago, Unique_NY said:

Last night I was trying to do some rough testing by covering up that part on the mirror with my thumb and it seemed to un-dim. Tough to tell 100% though while I was trying to drive. Slap a piece of electrical tape over this sensor and see if that works for you.

Also, do they put these mirrors in all the LTZ's even if you don't have the Tech Package? You don't have the Reverse Camera Mirror....if you pull the tab towards you? I pretty much use the camera exclusively, its really nice.

image.png

Tech package only, not standard on any trim. It's a great feature, I love it.

I don't think the normal auto-dim mirror has a sensor hanging down like that. Thought it was just a "dot" at the top of the glass. 

Have your tried adjusting the 'brightness' settings on the rear camera mirror?  (I'm guessing yes, but just in case...)

Is the camera lense clean?

Rear Camera Mirror

If equipped, this automatic dimming mirror provides a wide angle camera view of the area behind the vehicle. 

Pull the tab to turn on the display.

Push the tab to turn it off.

When off the mirror is automatic dimming.

Adjust the mirror for a clear view of the area behind the vehicle while the display is off.
Press (checkmark) to scroll through the adjustment options.
Press L/R arrows)to adjust the settings using the indicators on the mirror.

The indicators will remain visible for five seconds after the last button activation, and the settings will remain saved.
The adjustment options are:

. Brightness
. Zoom
. Tilt

See your dealer for service if a blue screen and camera/caution icon are displayed in the mirror, and the display shuts off.
Also, push the tab as indicated to return to the automatic dimming mode.

The Rear Camera Mirror may not work properly or display a clear image if:
. There is glare from the sun or headlamps. This may obstruct objects from view. If needed, push the tab to turn off the display.
. Dirt, snow, or other debris blocks the camera lens. Clean the lens with a soft damp cloth.
. The camera’s mounting on the vehicle has been damaged, and/ or the position or the mounting angle of the camera has changed.

2 hours ago, Unique_NY said:

Wouldn't covering the sensor make it think it's darker -- and dim it more? 

DRZ    Rear Camera Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming with full camera display
1 -  Included and only available with (CWM) Technology Package.

CWM is only available on LTZ, HC, SLT, AT4, and Denali