electrical namely clock and radio probs

ok gang.. im digging on my 2015 1500 silverado, 6 cylinder,    But now that its got 95k miles on it, every time i start it up, i have to reset the clock and the radio is at some static station, not on the last station is was on when i shut it down..   ive had this prob for a while, and when it started to clear out the saved radio stations, and THEN began hard starting, i started to think the 2 year old battery was weakening, OR the alternator was going...    till i looked at the battery charging gauge on the dash...   seemed to be charging fine when driving... maybe a little low when trying to start it up...     then it dies right at erikas driveway after a hard start at my place...   well i stopped it and then it was the old dead battery sound.    jumped it fine, and after a 10 minutes idle charge, started fine..   the next morning, with coffee and cables in hand, it started fine...      this was the day i made an appt with JN cheverolet in town to figure this out,  diagnostic  style.  they came back with 'definitely a battery problem, but we cant find anything else wrong with it... 

so cool, i pick it up, and low and behold, although it starts fine and all,,,  the damned clock  still needs setting every time i start it up and he radio is area 51 static again..    that the only symptoms.   

JN says, 'umm. we dont know, perhaps its a short in the radio).    perhaps.   i want it to work. havent paid it off and am not ready to just accept this..   ideas? similar stories? is this common?  whats the fix. 

what with the diagnostic deal? shouldnt it shout out the the radio is dying ,  i was thinking mother board the crapping out.   open to suggestions.    thank you   doug v 

19 hours ago, dvantgroenewout said:

ok gang.. im digging on my 2015 1500 silverado, 6 cylinder,    But now that its got 95k miles on it, every time i start it up, i have to reset the clock and the radio is at some static station, not on the last station is was on when i shut it down..   ive had this prob for a while, and when it started to clear out the saved radio stations, and THEN began hard starting, i started to think the 2 year old battery was weakening, OR the alternator was going...    till i looked at the battery charging gauge on the dash...   seemed to be charging fine when driving... maybe a little low when trying to start it up...     then it dies right at erikas driveway after a hard start at my place...   well i stopped it and then it was the old dead battery sound.    jumped it fine, and after a 10 minutes idle charge, started fine..   the next morning, with coffee and cables in hand, it started fine...      this was the day i made an appt with JN cheverolet in town to figure this out,  diagnostic  style.  they came back with 'definitely a battery problem, but we cant find anything else wrong with it... 

so cool, i pick it up, and low and behold, although it starts fine and all,,,  the damned clock  still needs setting every time i start it up and he radio is area 51 static again..    that the only symptoms.   

JN says, 'umm. we dont know, perhaps its a short in the radio).    perhaps.   i want it to work. havent paid it off and am not ready to just accept this..   ideas? similar stories? is this common?  whats the fix. 

what with the diagnostic deal? shouldnt it shout out the the radio is dying ,  i was thinking mother board the crapping out.   open to suggestions.    thank you   doug v 

Could be your HMI module failing, it controls a lot of things in the truck.