Engine light and loss of power 2017 silverado

Hey guys,

On my way to work this morning my check engine light came on and everything got real sluggish didn't wanna go over 35 mph and then would jerk around take off everytime i would accelerate. 10 min to work the engine light started flashing and then went back to solid. The oil is good but i do hear a light tick coming from the right ride of the engine... misfire, lifter tick, bad injector, maf sensor??? It was also only 10 degrees this morning.. its a 2017 silverado 5.3 with only 49,000 miles on it.

4 hours ago, Trevor Myers said:

Hey guys,

On my way to work this morning my check engine light came on and everything got real sluggish didn't wanna go over 35 mph and then would jerk around take off everytime i would accelerate. 10 min to work the engine light started flashing and then went back to solid. The oil is good but i do hear a light tick coming from the right ride of the engine... misfire, lifter tick, bad injector, maf sensor??? It was also only 10 degrees this morning.. its a 2017 silverado 5.3 with only 49,000 miles on it.

You will have codes present, best way is to check them out, takes all of the guessing out of it.

Flashing CEL means something was going on that was physical/mechanical in the engine. Like a misfire which triggers it because of how it effects the emissions system.

Edited by JimCost2014

A live data scan tool is needed. The P0300 means it could be more than one cylinder with a misfire. Once you figure out where it coming from you can determine what went wrong.

Could be a spark plug, could be a broken valve spring, bad injector or a failing lifter on a DoD cylinder.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!!! Truck is still a pos! That's right still not fixed!!! I took it to a GM dealer in town (Don Johnson) first day they diagnosed it they said they were stumped and said it seems ok. And i freaked out because you can clearly hear it knocking and missing. The 2nd day they found out it had a bent rod cylinder 7 makes sense. Still under warranty so i was like hell yeah! 2 weeks go by and they replaced all 8 lifters. Put it back together and found out its still missing. They went back through to diagnose it again and now tell me i need new injectors not covered under warranty they quoted me $2100 for all of them. At this poiim irritated ive gone almost 3 weeks without my truck! They said its ok to drive but needs to be fixed soon. And if they put it together now and have to come back the labor will double. Like its not high enough!? Anyway i pick it up and it runs like complete ******! Shaking and rpms all over the place. When i take my foot off the break and in gear it feels like its slamming forward. Kind of weird. I went to advanced auto parts and hooked up to their code reader and now i have. P0304 (cylinder 4 misfire) p0324 (knock sensor) and now p0522 (Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Low Voltage). Do y'all really think its just the injectors??? Im going to replace them all this weekend just want some more impute before i waste more of my time!