Looking at a ‘21 Denali

Hey Mercracing....Im in the boat business. Love your screen name. Good luck with the truck. A friend of mine had his heart set on a Dodge until he test drove a 6.2 Denali....as he put it, nothing beats The General! 

Thanks man. I started using this one in the early 2000s when I was fixing boats. I was fascinated by the race boats so I came up with this screen name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Another thought/opinion on the 3.0 is that diesels like highway miles and as such will perform optimally.  Both of my past diesels were driven across the country........east/west and north/south...........and back without a hitch.  The 6.2 is a proven workhorse but not without its faults.  I'm glad I got the 6.2 (sorta) if only because the days of the V8 are numbered.  Old school guy here but damn I get tired of refueling every 350 miles or so.  

Recommend that you test drive both if possible.  I really wasn't considering the diesel at first.  I drove the 5.3 in the Trail Boss and then tried the Duramax in a Sierra AT4 and was impressed.  The gas vs diesel debate is as old as dirt.  Try them both and buy what you like.  I'm sure you can't really go wrong with either.  Good Luck on you treasure hunt.

I test drove the diesel tonight. Denali, carbon, most every option. If I’m being picky, there is a little turbo lag when moving from a stop. There is also a little more engine noise on acceleration then I was expecting. Overall, very nice truck. The price difference between the 3.0 and the 6.2 would make me swing in that direction, even with the engine noise.

I'm picking up a Denali with the 3.0 this weekend.  An opportunity came up to get a much nicer truck than I thought I'd ever have for a great price (leasing for now).  I hope to have it for many years and using less fuel per month will help pay for it.  There will be a small amount of towing, mostly driving to jobsites to drop off material.  If you like speed, get the 6.2, otherwise the diesel is calling your name.

• Like 1

'21 3.0L in Satin Steel

- Standard Bed,  tow mirrors,  standard 20" Denali wheels, standard step boards,(BVT), Front and Rear molded splash guards ( VQK)

-all other stuff is standard on Denali, or not visible in picture

image.thumb.png.faf9b7408be7413649527879b53c1a91.png

If you think you might want trailer tire pressure sensors some day order them (PTT) from the factory  -- much cheaper than buying as an accessory, and they are not longer included with every truck.

I suspect, but didn't check, it's the same pricing thing with the 'Auxiliary Trailer Camera' (TRO). Probably more pricey from accessories.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

'21 3.0L in Satin Steel

- Standard Bed,  tow mirrors,  standard 20" Denali wheels, standard step boards,(BVT), Front and Rear molded splash guards ( VQK)

-all other stuff is standard on Denali, or not visible in picture

image.thumb.png.faf9b7408be7413649527879b53c1a91.png

If you think you might want trailer tire pressure sensors some day order them (PTT) from the factory  -- much cheaper than buying as an accessory, and they are not longer included with every truck.

I suspect, but didn't check, it's the same pricing thing with the 'Auxiliary Trailer Camera' (TRO). Probably more pricey from accessories.  

Damn those 157s look amazing. Very nice truck Mate 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 5:05 AM, Mercracing said:

I think the diesel Denali is going to be the winner, we just need to pick a color and that will dictate weather we buy off the lot or order one.

So did you pick a colour and / or a truck yet?

So did you pick a colour and / or a truck yet?

I did. Last week I ordered a ‘21 1500 Sierra Denali. 3.0L. Denali ultimate package. I forget what GM calls the color, but it’s the darker blue. Supposedly will be in some time in Febuary, so fingers crossed it’s the beginning of febuary! I can’t wait!!

I got mine as a dealer demo unit in white, not the colour I wanted but the discount made it possible for me to afford a Denali.  I never even considered it before they suggested it and I'm extremely happy with it in spite of the colour.  The same day I picked it up it started to snow and dumped over a foot over night.  Turned out to be the best day ever to own a 4x4!  No issues handling the snow and very comfortable with the heated seats and steering wheel. 

I've currently got the MyGMC app connected to look at diagnostics etc and at one point while my wife took it out for an errand (the RAV4 couldn't make it out of the driveway) it sent me text messages about ABS and Stabikitrak systems needing service.  Turns out the snow was so deep that it filled up the wheels and got in the sensors which freaked them out.  I cleaned out the wheels after she got back and it's back to normal.  First time I've ever had a vehicle send me a text!

The tailgate has been the best feature so far as it makes getting in and out of the bed so much easier.  I've never had health issues but revelry I overdid it and my back isn't feeling good.  That step makes life tolerable when I'm loading / unloading.

One small item I would have left off if I was ordering is the under seat storage bin.  It just gets in the way if you have anything sizeable to put on the floor in the back.  I'm removing it today and trying life without it.

It's nice to have something to look forward to.  I hope you have a fantastic experience with your truck.

• Like 1