Volume goes down with Android Auto

2019 silverado LTZ,  I have pretty much experienced this since new.  With both my samsung s9 plus and now with my s10 plus 90 percent of the time when I plug my phone cord into android auto it kicks my radio or xm off and android auto pulls up. I have to go back to the home screen and pick what I was listening to again and its only about half volume.  If I unplug the cord and plug it back in the volume comes back up to normal what I have it at volume.  Sometimes it takes 3-8 times unplugging it for it to work right again.  Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it or if I am doing something wrong? Dealer has checked for updates and there are none.  I have googled it over and over and can not find anything but one google help forum that someone posted the same problem but no one has responded him either. Thanks for any help. 

Edited by Mudcon

My 2019 High Country just started something like that. If my radio is on [XM] and I plug my Note20 in [Android 10 UI 2.5, Nov 2020 Sec Update, Sprint] at a certain volume, the volume cuts down a good bit. Unplug the cable and

the volume returns to normal. The phone is also paired to the vehicle at the time this happens. Have not tried another cable,  phone or disconnecting the bluetooth.

7 minutes ago, Rocz3cqg said:

My 2019 High Country just started something like that. If my radio is on [XM] and I plug my Note20 in [Android 10 UI 2.5, Nov 2020 Sec Update, Sprint] at a certain volume, the volume cuts down a good bit. Unplug the cable and

the volume returns to normal. The phone is also paired to the vehicle at the time this happens. Have not tried another cable,  phone or disconnecting the bluetooth.

Does your AA ever randomly disconnect? My 2020 Sierra Denali does it at least 5-6 times a trip. I also have a Note20.

14 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

I did try all that and still does it.

14 hours ago, shadysneed said:

Does your AA ever randomly disconnect? My 2020 Sierra Denali does it at least 5-6 times a trip. I also have a Note20.

No when I use it most is on 4-6 hour trips. It never disconnects just the volume thing is all it does.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed over the weekend if I go down my notification list on my phone and cancel the notification that says android auto is using gps that the volume comes right back to normal. So it looks like it has to do with it using gps. Has no one else had this issue?

Shot in the dark but did you try to disable  "absolute volume" on the Galaxy? I had some odd issues when playing music with bluetooth. I activated the "disable absolute volume" on the Galaxy (S-8) and it cured my issue. (issues were volume related, changing volume on radio also changed volume on phone) The "absolute volume" toggle is in settings under developer options.

20 hours ago, Jac365 said:

Shot in the dark but did you try to disable  "absolute volume" on the Galaxy? I had some odd issues when playing music with bluetooth. I activated the "disable absolute volume" on the Galaxy (S-8) and it cured my issue. (issues were volume related, changing volume on radio also changed volume on phone) The "absolute volume" toggle is in settings under developer options.

I found it and turned it on and will try it tonight and report back. Thanks for the tip.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:33 PM, Jac365 said:

I tested it over the weekend and with the toggled it still does it...

• 1 month later...