New vehicle paint protection?

I had a ceramic coating applied to one of my vehicles that is not a daily driver. It is kept in a garage and not driven in the winter. While it does shed water very well I have had problems with water spots.  I follow all of the processes recommended by CARPRO to maintain it and pay particular attention to any water left on the car  when it is parked.  The car does look great and I get many compliments on it.

However, I  chose not to put a ceramic coating on my truck which is used normally and kept outside.  Just my opinion, but my detailer has mentioned he has dealt with water spots often.   I used a Blackfire polish and will add a wax covering to top it off. 

• Like 1

I had a ceramic coating applied to one of my vehicles that is not a daily driver. It is kept in a garage and not driven in the winter. While it does shed water very well I have had problems with water spots.  I follow all of the processes recommended by CARPRO to maintain it and pay particular attention to any water left on the car  when it is parked.  The car does look great and I get many compliments on it.

However, I  chose not to put a ceramic coating on my truck which is used normally and kept outside.  Just my opinion, but my detailer has mentioned he has dealt with water spots often.   I used a Blackfire polish and will add a wax covering to top it off. 

What kind of ceramic? I have never seen water spotting issues on daily driven or stored cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

What kind of ceramic? I have never seen water spotting issues on daily driven or stored cars

I had a professional detailer apply CQuartz Professional. The detailer had to remove the water spots and I have been very careful not to let water sit on it since. He told me it was not uncommon for a ceramic coating.  I researched it and found this issue has been discussed on some detailing forums as well.  

http://islanddetailandcolor.com/water-spots-and-ceramic-coatings/

2014 Corvette.jpg

• Like 1

39528f07500872c0e30054eb8bf8cc1f.jpgd9fa095e988ce420f3d67ef74f3b3562.jpg

I recently coated mine with the Adams Graphene. I previously coated it when I got it 3 years ago with the regular Adams at the time.

• Like 1