275/50R22 winter tires

Hey guys, I’m ordering a new ‘21 Denali diesel, the down side to that is it only comes with 275/50R22 “all season” tires. That’s not going to fly here in Wisconsin in the winter. When I look for tires in that size, there’s nothing winter worthy. Are you guys using different sizes? I’m probably going to end up with dedicated winter/summer tires/rims. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Mercracing said:

Hey guys, I’m ordering a new ‘21 Denali diesel, the down side to that is it only comes with 275/50R22 “all season” tires. That’s not going to fly here in Wisconsin in the winter. When I look for tires in that size, there’s nothing winter worthy. Are you guys using different sizes? I’m probably going to end up with dedicated winter/summer tires/rims. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, it's a AT tire but is certified for winter service.  Checkout the winter performance videos on YouTube 

• Like 1

If that is the stock size you are super limited on tires because there are basically none.

You will have to switch to a 285/45/22 or a 285/50/22 for more options and actual snow tires.

The 285/45 is .7in smaller and the 285/50 is .4 larger. Both will work just fine on the stock rim without issues.

I live in Minnesota, it's just as cold and get just as much or more snow than Wisconsin and I've been just fine on "all season" truck tires. Got Firestone Destination LE2's on it now in some 18's, with 4 wheel drive it works great.

Edited by CamGTP
  • Like 2

If that is the stock size you are super limited on tires because there are basically none.

You will have to switch to a 285/45/22 or a 285/50/22 for more options and actual snow tires.

The 285/45 is .7in smaller and the 285/50 is .4 larger. Both will work just fine on the stock rim without issues.

I live in Minnesota, it's just as cold and get just as much or more snow than Wisconsin and I've been just fine on "all season" truck tires. Got Firestone Destination LE2's on it now in some 18's, with 4 wheel drive it works great.

Thanks for the heads up on alternate sizes. I figured there would be some that were close, I just didn’t know what. I’ll check into those sizes and see what I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put some 18" rims/snow tires on my 2019. The 22' snow tires were way too expensive. I got the rims/tires from Tire Rack. They came all ready to install on the truck. I already had a TPMS tool so it was an easy swap.

Jay

Edited by Jay P

Your link doesn't work. I went with a slightly smaller tire so I could put tire chains on for mountain driving. Mine are 255/70-18

Specification  Sidewall  Radius  Diameter  Circumference  Revs/Mile  Difference
275/50-22         5.4in  16.4in    32.8in        103.1in        614        0.0%
255/70-18         7.0in  16.0in    32.1in        100.7in        629       -2.4%

winter.jpg