Settle an argument: TSC vs Sway Bars

About to pick up a new travel trailer next week.  It’s well below all maximum load limits of my 5.3 CC with Max Tow, so not worried about that.  Called up a couple of buddies that tow travel trailers often and got conflicting advice regarding the Trailer Sway Control system.  One friend swears that a sway control hitch is nice to have, but overkill because the truck’s electronic TSC is quicker to react to sway than the mechanical system, but if I do install a sway hitch be sure to deactivate the TSC as they will work against each other.

Friend #2 insists a sway hitch is necessary as it will prevent sway from happening in the first place, but leave TSC turned on as a backup.  
I’ve searched all over and found opinions supporting both options.  Neither friend has ever had a problem operating their own ways, so hard to say who’s right.
What say everyone here?  

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2020 at 12:58 PM, NomadicCPO said:

About to pick up a new travel trailer next week.  It’s well below all maximum load limits of my 5.3 CC with Max Tow, so not worried about that.  Called up a couple of buddies that tow travel trailers often and got conflicting advice regarding the Trailer Sway Control system.  One friend swears that a sway control hitch is nice to have, but overkill because the truck’s electronic TSC is quicker to react to sway than the mechanical system, but if I do install a sway hitch be sure to deactivate the TSC as they will work against each other.

Friend #2 insists a sway hitch is necessary as it will prevent sway from happening in the first place, but leave TSC turned on as a backup.  
I’ve searched all over and found opinions supporting both options.  Neither friend has ever had a problem operating their own ways, so hard to say who’s right.
What say everyone here?  

Trailer sway control manages sway once it happens; an anti-sway hitch prevents it from happening to begin with. I can think of no reason why you’d turn Stabilitrak off no matter what hitch you were using.

• Like 1