Titan Replacment Fuel Tank, 2020 Diesel HD

Glad to hear this has turned into a worthwhile modification. 

I’ve been trying to decide on the S&B 62 gal tank or the Titan 56 gal tank for my soon to arrive 3500. 

Either one seems like a great option once you get past the cost. I found a local shop that will do the install, but I’m also considering doing it myself. 

Thanks for all your feedback on the upgrade. Much appreciated. 

On thing I failed to note in earlier post is the first fill-up warning.  Air gets trapped when the tank is nearly full, pause the pump for a few seconds before topping off or you will get some  fuel blow back!

in my 2015 i had the 57 gallon titan tank and liked it...i considered doing the 56 gallon in my 2020 but I went a different route personally.  for less money i am installing a 45 gallon L shaped tank that hugs my retractable cover canister in the bed of the truck...So now i have 36 plus 45 gallons for a few hundred less dollars...So if fully loaded up i will have onboard 80 gallons of diesel instead of 56 with the titan tank..I know that kills bed space but the retractable cover committed me that way.  I wanted to have a way to secure stuff in my bed of the truck...less crap i have to carry in the cab or the trailer

• 1 month later...

The tank was installed by a dealer that sells Titan products.  They do diesel repairs and upgrades.  I didn't know this until I visited their shop.  I took it as a good sign that they were very busy; it took them three days to work my job into their schedule.  No problems with the tank other than the blow back on fill-up.  Just slow the pump as you approach full.  Listen and you can hear a chance the fuel and air flow sound as the tank gets near full.  I did not have the blowback problem with the original equipment tank.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had issues of the fuel guage dropping to empty like they say on the titan website?  Thinking of going this route as well.  Will also be doing a 45 gal aux tank in the bed along with the titan.  S&B voids their warranty if you add an aux tank.