Camper shell/Canopy pictures

I couldn't find many reference pictures when deciding on a canopy for my '20 Silverado 1500 so here's a thread for people to post pictures and details on their canopies and answer questions.

I'll start it off with mine which was just installed yesterday. It's a Leer 100XR color matched to my truck. It took almost 2 months from order date to delivery which is a little longer than expected. All manufactures told me 6-8 weeks.

The options I added are, removable front window so I can clean between without taking the cap off. Power locks which tie into the truck and work via the remote, door handle button and keypad. Headliner in black since a bed rug only comes in black and I might add the floor later so I wanted them to match. Thule rack tracks to mount a roof rack which I had from my last vehicle to carry surfboards and kayaks. There is one interior light right behind the brake light which I think came standard.

The shop only charged $60 for install and I'm glad they did it. It took close to two hrs for install to run the wiring for the door locks, brake light and interior light. It probably would have taken me longer.

My total cost was $2990.90 after tax. See below for the price breakout from my receipt.

This is a cab high model, the interior height is 41" from floor (top of ribs) to ceiling. The tailgate opening is 35.5" high.

Ceiling height is enough to sit up with about 5" of head clearance. Later I'm sure I'll camp out in the back on solo trips with my boy instead of hauling a full trailer.

I'll post more pics later but here's a few from my driveway.

ac1a9f382dd4e7d3e0a16fe49212d2af.jpg

42f8527b52debf3d6f66f2f739a48cbb.jpg

336a40c46209222726de766e74334914.jpg

52f2999ae7ef2cab3f9b06fc92b3f1d3.jpg

61b622f3b7fb58b6db565c7c01e457ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Softopper Canopy

Pros:  Front, back, and sides roll up for a canopy shade cover and the entire unit folds down when not in use.  Takes less than a minute to remove/install and weighs nothing. Cost <$700

Cons:  Items in bed are no where near as secure as items that would be stored beneath a hard shell.  Probably not as fuel efficient as a hard shell.

1267156006_20201223_125935resized.thumb.jpg.4c78530cbbc16f2a0ba63608729d8b1a.jpg

20200808_181743-resized.thumb.jpg.0f90908ac51e06b4e3da5a9d9cd690a3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Adam! You have the exact same configuration I’m considering installing on my 2020 Silverado 1500 TB - Leer XR with headliner, rack rails, etc. I’ve been reading a lot about this model on the newer style Silverados and came across one thread that pointed out a potential flaw in the design where the cab meets the cap. This poster pointed our the height difference, and due to the slightly higher cap height, it captures a ton of wind noise. Again, this is what the poster claimed Was curious if you’ve had any issues like this. It makes sense if you look at side photos, you can see that the shell cap height is a little bit higher. 

In any case, wondering if you’ve had any similar issues to this. For what it’s worth, it looks great! Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Gcross88

• 3 weeks later...