2019 Camper Shell Cap Pictures

I am thinking of trading my 2016 with a leer 100 xl cap for a 2019. I am having a hard time finding pics of a 2019 with a camper shell / topper / truck cap (soda vs pop debate).

Anyone have one installed yet that cares to share some detailed photos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I called my leer dealer that i have used for years and he confirmed that he has already installed a couple 100xl models on Silverados, but it sounds like the Sierra's might be on hold till they figure out the door glass to multi pro tailgate design.

He also said the front of the cap is bumped out around the third brake valence that runs the length of the back window. He didn't have any pics yet.

My dealer that has always been the cheapest locally said $1995 installed minus any leer coupons. That is about $100 more than I paid in 2016. They can roll it right into the financing of the truck since he is at a Chevy dealer.

If anyone has pics, please post.

There is a red crew with a cap and a blue crew with a cap in the 2018 SEMA thread here:  https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/216263-2019-silverado-sierra-get-customized-at-sema-2018/?tab=comments#comment-2167212
Link doesn't work?

7 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

The blue one looks interesting.

Of course it does.  Because you can't have it "yet". :shakehead:

Not yet scheduled for production, this cap explores cutting-edge design elements, and includes some state-of-the-art access technologies.

The concept cap is featured on a special build by MAD Industries. Installed on a 2019 Chevy Silverado, this LEER concept cap implements refined aesthetics, such as:

· Advanced SUV styling with integrated rear-door spoiler
· Wrap-around window treatment
· A rear door with an ultra-clean look – no visible hardware, no handle, no holes through the glass
· Compound curved rear glass for a sleek transition to the tailgate
· Large tip-out side windows
· Robust, extruded “C” hidden rear-door hinges with robust latching system, accessible by key, hidden keypad, or remotely with a smartphone app

I hate the look all the trucks have now with the big plastic wing on the bottom of the cap glass door. The tailgates have an aero bump on the top. They must have to take that off to get the cap door to plastic trim to sit flush