2015 CRV

KARNUT

Maybe this is an unusual topic for here. My mother in law is offering us her very low mileage Honda. She decided to stop driving. My wife already drives her around so her car just sits. She wants to give it to her. With other siblings we said no to that and figure maybe 15K. It was 29K new. Should I buy it or sell it for her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can really use another vehicle, one like that, that gets good mileage and useful for your family then I say get it.  They are rock solid vehicles. 

As funny as this may sound. My wife swears she’ll never get rid of her 2011 Genesis. I feel the same about my Avalanche. This would be our daily possible trip vehicle. Making her Genesis a Sunday go to meeting car.

We like our 2019 CR-V. 4th Honda we have owned.
Forum link for 2015 CR-V if you want to look. https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/gen-4-2012-2016-uk-2012-2017-cr-v.98/
If you don't need it, sell it for her.

Thank you. I had planned to buy a smaller SUV in a few years when the wife’s car hit 150K. I was looking at our 5th Hyundai. With Honda’s reputation I’m thinking buying the CRV early would not be a bad idea. I’ve read about some vibration problems. Otherwise a great car. People on here tend to be more in tune ( sensitive) to their vehicles. Figured I get the negative if there is any.

I was in the same dilemma with my father and his Cadillac.  I said it wouldn't be fair to my brothers and sister and he got very, very upset.  He believed that as long as he was alive and in sound mind, he could give anything to anyone he chooses.  I ended up accepting the car graciously and my siblings were delighted our Dad's car was kept in the family.  You may not know how your mother in law has treated your wife's siblings.  I was executer for my both my parents and soon discovered that I was not their only favorite child!  

I was in the same dilemma with my father and his Cadillac.  I said it wouldn't be fair to my brothers and sister and he got very, very upset.  He believed that as long as he was alive and in sound mind, he could give anything to anyone he chooses.  I ended up accepting the car graciously and my siblings were delighted our Dad's car was kept in the family.  You may not know how your mother in law has treated your wife's siblings.  I was executer for my both my parents and soon discovered that I was not their only favorite child!  

My wife’s the only girl. She’s close with her mother. One of the brothers says do it. One brother has a bitchy wife. They never visit her. The other likes our approach. The kicker is the mother gives out money every year. We wouldn’t take the money, so no out of pocket. Keeping the peace.