Hey All,

Just picked up a 2015 LTZ Suburban with what Ive read are some pretty rare/unusual options.  What attracted me to the vehicle first was when I was scrolling through the pictures and saw the 2-spd t-case (4hi and 4low).  Ive been looking for almost a year for a 1500 with Max Trailering and this one indeed has it! It also has the adaptive cruise control and a Z71 badging package.  Here's the head scratchers, it has the dark Cocoa brown interior, like many LTZs, however the paint is Summit White, not tri-coat.  Also, with all of the crazy options and upgrades on it, it does NOT have wireless charging on the console?!  

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the truck.  Maybe it was a customer ordered Burban?  Dont know for sure, but Im glad I ran across it!  Pictures to come soon.

Sounds like you picked a winner to me, congratulations... The Color combo you might be thinking about is Mahogany and Pearl White, which is the same i think as the Denali trim color on the GMC Yukon. Dark Cocoa was always an option. I dont think the suburban got the wireless charging until 2016 or 17, some others may correct me on that, but i do know that it will have to be upgraded as it did not do a good job on some apple phones, the 2018 upgrade really made a difference. 

You are right.  Its Cocoa/Mahogany int.  The paint is not a pearl or metallic color though.  Its just straight white.  Also found a package that was available in '15 called the Luxury package which included wireless charging and the swipe foot option to open the rear liftgate.  Mine doesn't have either.  

It may be a very first edition 15 someone added Z71 badges to (LTZ were not Z71). If your shark fin is black, its first edition; body color fin is 2nd edition. That year they started selling in Feb of 2014, then they did a lot of changes in a mid year refresh to fix some issues and add content. They added Z71 then as well, so you may have what would be a Z71 spec pre Z71 if that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, George100 said:

Sounds like you picked a winner to me, congratulations... The Color combo you might be thinking about is Mahogany and Pearl White, which is the same i think as the Denali trim color on the GMC Yukon. Dark Cocoa was always an option. I dont think the suburban got the wireless charging until 2016 or 17, some others may correct me on that, but i do know that it will have to be upgraded as it did not do a good job on some apple phones, the 2018 upgrade really made a difference. 

My '15 LTZ has the wireless charging and the kick to open liftgate, just FYI.

Regarding the wireless charging.  I actually had to replace my unit as I thought it was bad but apparently it could be the ribbon cable.  Anyway, I bought a cheap disk wireless charger and took the guts out of it....cleaned out the stock charger compartment and put the cheap one in.  Plugged into the USB in the center console and hid the wire.  Worked great on my Iphone 8 but now have the 12 and it's too wide to fit.....

Edited by mikemcclain8

Thanks Mike, i stand corrected.. I did replace my wireless charger with the newer one from the 18 models, its was plug and play, and as you mentioned,  my iphone 12 pro max does not fit, but it will charge, so i am working on a fix for it. The indentation has to be made shallower so the phone will sit nearer the charging coils. 

Suburbans as popular fleet vehicles, thousands and thousands sold to gov't agencies.  We had them at work for survey crew vehicles and they came special option pkgs. not available to the public.  White it a popular fleet color, NOAA has 1000's of vehicles in white.

Edited by elcamino

55 minutes ago, George100 said:

Thanks Mike, i stand corrected.. I did replace my wireless charger with the newer one from the 18 models, its was plug and play, and as you mentioned,  my iphone 12 pro max does not fit, but it will charge, so i am working on a fix for it. The indentation has to be made shallower so the phone will sit nearer the charging coils. 

My 8 wouldn't charge through the case either.  My fix was to cut out the plastic in the charging case (underside of the pad) and taped the coils up into the new gap.  Closed the space enough to allow charging.  I'm thinking I could trim the rubber part of the pad and my 12 would fit but I'm hesitant to cut something that is visible within the car.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:10 PM, JaketheMoose said:

Hey All,

Just picked up a 2015 LTZ Suburban with what Ive read are some pretty rare/unusual options.  What attracted me to the vehicle first was when I was scrolling through the pictures and saw the 2-spd t-case (4hi and 4low).  Ive been looking for almost a year for a 1500 with Max Trailering and this one indeed has it! It also has the adaptive cruise control and a Z71 badging package.  Here's the head scratchers, it has the dark Cocoa brown interior, like many LTZs, however the paint is Summit White, not tri-coat.  Also, with all of the crazy options and upgrades on it, it does NOT have wireless charging on the console?!  

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the truck.  Maybe it was a customer ordered Burban?  Dont know for sure, but Im glad I ran across it!  Pictures to come soon.

Wireless charging was added later in 2015 production along with Z71.  Z71 badges were added by the previous owner as Z71 was not available on LTZ or Premier in the newer years.  Z71 was LT trim only.  Two speed transfer case comes with the Max Trailering package.  

Build date on yours is most likely prior to October 2014 as that was when the Z71 and wireless charging options became available to purchase.  

Edited by newdude

The larger Z71 badges replaced the "Suburban" badges on the doors.  Similar to the newer Z71 pickups Ive seen.  Im sure now it was the PO.  The chrome suburban badge on the tailgate was replaced with black, and the LTZ badges on the sail panels changed to black also.  TBH, it does look pretty sweet with the black wheels.  If I can figure out how to get a picture off my phone and onto this thread, I will!  

On a side note... the ACC is sweeeeet! Just set it on the highway and steer!

Nice looking truck.

Unfortunately, those Z71 badges were definitely added after, along with the side steps and the Z71 one on the rear. Those are not the stock Z71 locations, the Z71 badge should be where the LTZ badge is.

wireless charging and the swipe foot option to open the rear liftgate  were avail on the 2015i   (so like 6+ months after the first ones rolled out)

you can always add the wireless charging

& your burb looks good

2 hours ago, gat0r said:

wireless charging and the swipe foot option to open the rear liftgate  were avail on the 2015i   (so like 6+ months after the first ones rolled out)

you can always add the wireless charging

& your burb looks good

I can't tell you how many times I'm leaning in to grab a package and the door chimes and begins to close on me.  When I actually want the swipe foot to work, it takes multiple times.  So annoying!