Ready to upgrade

Time to upgrade from mu 2016 2500 to a 2021 3500. Since I will be paying over 60K for this vehicle I will be ordering to get exactly what I want. Like the AT4 package with gas motor. First question is when I order what is expected wait till delivery and if there are incentives going on, do they apply when I order or will the ones in effect when I get delivery? Funny that they have a 0% financing on 3500 double cabs of which they are literally none on the lots or should I say none available in AT4 or Denali as they only come in crew cab. 

I don't know personally about order times, but I just sold my 2020 AT4 Duramax last week and the guy that bought it owns the local Chevy/GMC dealership in Tennessee. He told me that it would take him 5-6 months for him to be able to order and get a truck optioned just like mine. Hopefully for guys wanting to order, its not quite that bad.

Edited by gSwift

12 hours ago, gSwift said:

I don't know personally about order times, but I just sold my 2020 AT4 Duramax last week and the guy that bought it owns the local Chevy/GMC dealership in Tennessee. He told me that it would take him 5-6 months for him to be able to order and get a truck optioned just like mine. Hopefully for guys wanting to order, its not quite that bad.

Woah!  That was fast!  Are you hanging around or going a different route?

@GMC4Zee Your order time is highly dependent on many factors.  The primary one, however, is how many allocations your dealer is provided by GM AND how willing that dealer is to apply one of those (usually only few) allocations to your order.  Remember, they have to think of their own floorplan/stock as well.  GM also will only sometimes only allocate certain trims, engine-types, etc...

Best to find an honest dealer who will shoot you straight.  GM backed off on their allocations in December / January (somewhat normal).   My order was prioritized with the dealer (I trust him.  Worked with him for almost 20 years.).   It was placed mid-December, got picked up end of December and now has a build week of 2/15.  I assume I'll see it early March.  (Only live 70 miles from the plant so delivery times are decent around me.)

I read about holding incentives but I didn't pay much attention due to my access to employee discount (most incentives won't work with emp disc).

2 hours ago, tbully said:

@GMC4Zee Your order time is highly dependent on many factors.  The primary one, however, is how many allocations your dealer is provided by GM AND how willing that dealer is to apply one of those (usually only few) allocations to your order.  Remember, they have to think of their own floorplan/stock as well.  GM also will only sometimes only allocate certain trims, engine-types, etc...

Best to find an honest dealer who will shoot you straight.  GM backed off on their allocations in December / January (somewhat normal).   My order was prioritized with the dealer (I trust him.  Worked with him for almost 20 years.).   It was placed mid-December, got picked up end of December and now has a build week of 2/15.  I assume I'll see it early March.  (Only live 70 miles from the plant so delivery times are decent around me.)

I read about holding incentives but I didn't pay much attention due to my access to employee discount (most incentives won't work with emp disc).

I'll always be hanging around some. I loved the truck and will probably end up with another one eventually. I work in the music industry and i'm kinda waiting to see if our industry comes back in 2021. I had a LOT of equity in the truck, so that would float me if we were to have another year like 2020. 

On 1/19/2021 at 10:28 AM, tbully said:

The 'holding incentives' thing was for 1500's that were ordered in December, and was not something they usually do.

Normally the incentives after it arrives are the ones that apply.  No sure if if they've continued 'incentive hold' for orders mad in January and/or made it available for vehicles other than the 100's.

• Thanks 1

Ok, I found a  dealer and he has allocation open. I took a 2500 AT4 for a ride as they had no 3500's on the lot. Thought I would feel a bigger difference in the power of the 6.6 over the 6.0 but maybe because its new and not broken in. the truck definitely steers better than my 2016 and feels solid. I like all the camera angles and the crispness of the display. The tailgate is cool and love the fact that there is storage in the back seats as well as under them. Did not drive at night to see how well the headlights work but look to be the same as my LEDs. Other cool items was the hepatic feedback in the seat when you approach a white or yellow lane line and forward illuminating lights on the trailer mirrors. Not too impressed with the dash as the tach and speedo look like clocks! I will order one but the dealer keeps telling me I will get less on my trade in as opposed to buy one off a lot. He will search to see if he can find one in the country but my guess is no as I want pacific blue AT4 without sunroof but all the other options including 5th wheel ball setup. Thoughts from anyone???