14 Silverado stuck in 4wd

My 2014 continues to get stuck in 4wd, I have taken it to multiple dealers replaced switch and other parts. If I remove the 30 amp fuse it comes out of 4wd and you can hear the actuator move in and out when putting it in or pulling out. Never use the auto setting, it must be a programming issue that the dealers around me do not now how to fix.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:09 AM, Jnick75 said:

My 2014 continues to get stuck in 4wd, I have taken it to multiple dealers replaced switch and other parts. If I remove the 30 amp fuse it comes out of 4wd and you can hear the actuator move in and out when putting it in or pulling out. Never use the auto setting, it must be a programming issue that the dealers around me do not now how to fix.

Welcome to the site.

There was a reflash for the 14 and 15's due to the fact they would stay in 4WD if you turned off the engine while it was engaged in cold weather. 

i remmember back in my 90's suburban the manual suggested to reverse the vehicle for 20 feet  after disabling the 4x4. iknow its a different system but maybe doing this take the loading off the shifter mechagnism so it can shift to 2wd

• 1 month later...

My 2017 (when the switch is on 2 wheel drive) when I am leaving my driveway going slow and turning I can feel the other tires pulling as if the 4 wheel drive is engaged. It also makes a whining noise. This happened 3 times one day. I turned the truck off and restarted it then it went away, but did it again the next day.  It is now sitting at the dealership and they cannot get it to replicate my issue. Anyone have an idea of what it is?