Which brakes?

When rotors and pads are the same size, swept area, then any change in braking performance comes from a change is the friction coefficient between those surfaces and it is a trade, grip and pedal for fade and dust. If you want more bite with the same wear, dust and fade you need more swept area. 

Brakes stop wheels/tires and tires stop trucks. When you add wheel/tire combinations that have more flywheel mass it takes more energy dissipation even for the same total mass of the vehicle and road speed. 

One item to look at is shock valving. You can really stop that pony short if it isn't diving taking bite out of the rear and overwhelming the front. Naturally grippier tires help as well. 

If you can get the ABS twitchy hitting the pedal hard you have enough brake, you need more ground grip. If not  you need more rotor grip. If you drive like that allot you will need a bondsman. ? 

My 2 cents  

On 1/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, papageoff said:

I just did all 4 corners with the power stop z36 kit and have been very happy. We also flushed the fluid and the brakes feel better than the day I bought the truck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hi Papageoff- just wondering, did you find any of the bleeders seized with rust when you performed your flush?  I have a 2016, as does my buddy, and he did a brake flush and was surprised that the some of the bleeders were fairly rusted. I'm do for breaks soon and want to do a flush while I'm at it and nothing worse than dealing with rusted bleeders.

I ended up ordering the pursuit vehicle police pads and rotors from rock auto. I should have them by Wednesday hopefully. I was having a tough time finding a place that sells the k36’s. Every time I tried to order some, they would say the product doesn’t fit my vehicle 

I used Napa fleet pads and their reactive one slotted rotors. They work great, obviously more dust with a metalic pad. The reactive one rotors have slots in them. Used them on my 04 and they made a world of difference. Not as much of an improvement on my 15, because the brakes are better from the factory. The best part is they're locally available and easy to warranty.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Hi Papageoff- just wondering, did you find any of the bleeders seized with rust when you performed your flush?  I have a 2016, as does my buddy, and he did a brake flush and was surprised that the some of the bleeders were fairly rusted. I'm do for breaks soon and want to do a flush while I'm at it and nothing worse than dealing with rusted bleeders.
I'm sorry I thought I replied to this.

No none of my bleeders were seized. I've been there though. Snapping one of those bad boys is the start of a long afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

On 2/4/2021 at 9:15 PM, mookdoc6 said:

Just ordered some EBC rotors they are about the only rotors I can smash on in the hills and not warp....priceless! 

yes, i had the green stuff on an old B-body chevy and those pads never faded, but where noisy , only thing more annoyinging is slotted rotors buzzing under hard braking

• 1 month later...

I ended up going with the AC Delco police pv pads and rotors. Shipped for $700 Canadian. Dealership wanted $1400. Being metallic, they do as some of you mentioned generate a ton of brake dust compared to the ceramic. I am quite happy with them though. I still have yet to really give them a work out. I’m still breaking them in

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 2:31 PM, meirikm said:

I ended up going with the AC Delco police pv pads and rotors. Shipped for $700 Canadian. Dealership wanted $1400. Being metallic, they do as some of you mentioned generate a ton of brake dust compared to the ceramic. I am quite happy with them though. I still have yet to really give them a work out. I’m still breaking them in

How are you liking the police setup ? I Want to replace my brakes and rotors on my 2017 GMC 1500 ,im trying to get some more input on brakes.