Kissed a snow blower

This weekend my '18 Sierra decided to get a little too close to the snow blower and is now left with a golf ball sized dent in the fender. Oh boy! Got a quote from a dent repair shop for about $425. They mentioned that our trucks underneath the wheel well liner also have some metal that wouldn't allow access to the dent from the wheel well. So they would need to remove the bumper, the grill and I think they said the fender as well. Anyone have a similar experience? Here's what we are looking at. Best photo I can get at the moment of my salty and crazy dirty truck.

IMG_3677.jpeg

Edited by Cupton

Taking it to the dealership body shop tomorrow morning to have them take a look. Same place that fixed my bumper after being rear ended by a mini van. Curious what they have to say about it and what they will charge.

My dealership collision shop seems to think they can pop it right out and it should only be about $150. IF they have to do anything more extensive than that including paint, thats when it would be about $450. We'll start small and see what we can do with popping it out 1st. Taking it on on Thursday.

Better photo.

IMG_3740.jpeg

Edited by Cupton

Good luck and I'm glad you went for a second opinion!   I have found great discrepancies in the costs of these types of repairs.   I often think some shops don't want the small jobs and will give you an outlandish quote.  Other shops welcome the smaller jobs to fill in the gaps in their work schedule.  I find that if you let them know it's a cash job and you're in no rush, they'll think a little harder.

Thanks all. I’ll let you know how it turns out and post an “after” pic. I’m taking it to the same place that fixed me right up after I was rear ended by a mini van shortly after I bought the truck. I didn’t even think of them initially since it’s such a small dent. I assumed they’d have much bigger fish to fry.

16 hours ago, Cupton said:

Yep! But it was also the most expensive nothing I’ve ever paid for. emoji6.png

Oh... life can be full of surprises.  Hopefully this statement holds true for a long time.   Glad it worked out for you!

6 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Oh... life can be full of surprises.  Hopefully this statement holds true for a long time.   Glad it worked out for you!

Thanks. Full of surprises for sure. Now I need to deal with the recurring issue of not being able to fill the gas tank to a full tank. Fixed it last year under warranty but it looks like it may be rearing it’s ugly head again. 

1 hour ago, Cupton said:

Thanks. Full of surprises for sure. Now I need to deal with the recurring issue of not being able to fill the gas tank to a full tank. Fixed it last year under warranty but it looks like it may be rearing it’s ugly head again. 

truck looks great, glad it got fixed easily.  My son had a similar damage and your post made me think about trying to fix it myself to save some money since I was switching bumpers out anyways this weekend, was able to get it 90% better!

I had a similar gas filling issue on our  2017 Acadia a couple of years ago, I think dealer said it was a fault secondary fuel sensor? I was still getting normal gas mileage, but gauge was way off. It was fixed under warranty as well. 

22 minutes ago, peterlawl84 said:

truck looks great, glad it got fixed easily.  My son had a similar damage and your post made me think about trying to fix it myself to save some money since I was switching bumpers out anyways this weekend, was able to get it 90% better!

I had a similar gas filling issue on our  2017 Acadia a couple of years ago, I think dealer said it was a fault secondary fuel sensor? I was still getting normal gas mileage, but gauge was way off. It was fixed under warranty as well. 

Great! Glad I can be inspiring and that you got your dent issue worked out. ?

The fill issue was fixed last year about this time by replacing the solenoid and evap canister. I’m wondering if it’s an outside temperature issue. It’s been cold here in western PA and it was fine until early winter when the temp started dropping. There’s another thread on this issue from a few days ago so it’s something others are experiencing as well. I’ve got an oil change coming up in about 1k miles so I’ll have them look at it again when I go in for that.