Wheel spacers

Whats up everyone! Just joined, excited to be a part of this. My question today is about wheel spacers. I'd like to add a slightly aggresive stance to my 2014 silverado high country. So I have a 2.5 inch leveling lift im putting on and I would like to get some wheel spacers. I was thinking 1 Inch. If I get 1 inch to do I need to upgrade or modify anything else? I'm willing to spend the money if needed, i just want to do it right. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. 

Signing out, 

Highcountry88

No need to modify anything else but if you are going to go as much as 1” I would recommend BORA style spacers that actually provide new wheel studs versus disc style spacers that just take up thread space on your existing. Link below to MS Tech who sells the spacers I mentioned. Goodluck to ya!

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/chevy_s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, Highcountry88 said:

Whats up everyone! Just joined, excited to be a part of this. My question today is about wheel spacers. I'd like to add a slightly aggresive stance to my 2014 silverado high country. So I have a 2.5 inch leveling lift im putting on and I would like to get some wheel spacers. I was thinking 1 Inch. If I get 1 inch to do I need to upgrade or modify anything else? I'm willing to spend the money if needed, i just want to do it right. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. 

Signing out, 

Highcountry88

I believe at 1" there is a really good chance you will have to trim your stock wheel studs some.

I did 1.5" and the stock studs still protrude a little into the back of the wheel. But my stock 20s have a recess and I didn't have to trim the studs at all.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, Highcountry88 said:

If I get 1 inch to do I need to upgrade or modify anything else? I'm willing to spend the money if needed, i just want to do it right. 

If you plan to change the suspension like that make sure you budget for hub bearings which will not last very long.

• Like 1

If you plan to change the suspension like that make sure you budget for hub bearings which will not last very long.

New wheel bearing because of 1” spacers? Can you expand on this?

I believe at 1" there is a really good chance you will have to trim your stock wheel studs some.
I did 1.5" and the stock studs still protrude a little into the back of the wheel. But my stock 20s have a recess and I didn't have to trim the studs at all.

Ah, you are absolutely correct. I forgot I had wanted to go 1.5” but was not willing to trim the studs. Ended up going 1.75” instead. The guys at MS Tech are really great and they’ll make some custom for you if you want to get precise. I think the actual protrusion on the studs is something like 1.65” so you could shorten them by .15” if you really wanted or just get the off-the-shelf 1.75”s.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:28 AM, slumpychuck said:

Ah, you are absolutely correct. I forgot I had wanted to go 1.5” but was not willing to trim the studs. Ended up going 1.75” instead. The guys at MS Tech are really great and they’ll make some custom for you if you want to get precise. I think the actual protrusion on the studs is something like 1.65” so you could shorten them by .15” if you really wanted or just get the off-the-shelf 1.75”s.

I guess your wheels didn't have a recess in the back?

I didn't trim mine at all with 1.5

I guess your wheels didn't have a recess in the back?
I didn't trim mine at all with 1.5

I guess not but sure enough to those bastards were just past the tip on 1.5’s