Lean codes, both banks

Check engine lite came on my 2000 Sierra 1500 5.3. 

first test at autozone and they guy told me it was fuel pressure regulator. Put a new one on and lite still on. 

Oreillys has a better tester that gives more info. It said random misfire and lean bank 1 and 2.  He told me I needed a tune up so got new plugs and wires. Lite still on. 

teated again and now it still says random misfire, but repeats lean on 1 and 2 twice. Didn’t record the codes. Proly need to retest to get them. 

in the meantime I cleaned the maf w maf cleaner. 

it seems to run fine except when I give it Gas to pass it dosent accelerate that well.  But once I started paying attention maybe it is idling slightly rough, maybe. I’m probably thinking too much on it. Idles at 6-700rpm. 

Does that point to anything before I start this goose chase?  

I had a similar experience and it was failing intake gaskets. They were drawing in air from the galley (underside), so spraying carb cleaner didn't reveal the leak. Replaced the gaskets & the code(s) went away. That issue also took out one catalytic convertor when the ECM kept dumping in extra fuel to fix the lean misfire.

It’s a fuel issue.  pressure tested at 26psi running, and when I just turned the key to ON it jumped up to 20psi and dropped right off back to 0. 

when the check engine first came on I took it to autozone and he said I needed a new fuel pressure regulator. They had a weird system where I took reader out to truck. Then they plugged it into their inside computer and it just popped up the parts I needed. No codes, no this is what’s wrong, just buy these parts. 

but I did get a new regulator, just it was a $13 one off amazon. Ac delco one is like $70. 

ive also replaced the fuel pump a few years ago. Doubt there’s 8k miles on it.  But I’m sure I cheeped out then too. 

so which of these to replace first with a name brand?

Edited by mattd

Replace the pump.

Fuel pressure won't get fixed with a new regulator when it's that low. You can unhook the vacuum line to regulator and see a change but it's not going to bring it back to 50+ psi like you need.