Cold weather and electric cars

dieselfan1

1 hour ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Charging stations charge about 23 bucks to go around 250 miles so roughly a dollar a mile. Depending on what level charging station it can take around 30-60 minutes to charge now who in the hell wants to sit there for 30-60 minutes while your vehicle charges to go 250 miles and hope the stations are not all used.

What happens when the vehicle is about 3-4 years old and the battery is getting weak and wont accept a full charge as all batteries do this. Searched this ,It Costs Nearly $16,000 to Replace a Tesla Model 3 Battery Pack,  WOW.

I drove almost 130K miles for 7 cents a mile. A buck a mile? No thanks

On 2/16/2021 at 10:56 PM, Likarok said:

So far for me the 2 things I have equated to EV's is Butt Ugly and No Range. If that blue truck in the background in Zane's article is what they are thinking, Chevy truck fans are going to be disappointed. I like the route Ford is going better. Leaving it at least looking like a truck! 

If they  expect us to take these things seriously than don't make them look like a goofy novelty truck like the SSR was. Or the Hummer. Or simply stupid and un realistic Cyber truck. So far other that the E150 of Fords they all look ridiculous!

No working man on the Ranch or Construction site will be caught dead in something looking as stupid as that blue thing!

As Old Joe would say "Come On Man" !

I know taste varies but by and large this is true. I think there is a rule that if it is electric or cheap you MUST design it so ugly no one want it. That way we can say we tried and the public didn't want it. The first Honda Insight IMHO was pretty trick IF you can find one in a color you can stand.