2014 Sierra SLT

hey guys - latest one is a 2014 Sierra SLT. Well optioned, 85k.

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 for sale at Herron Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd New Glasgow NS (herrongm.com)

It drove well and felt pretty tight. Anything on this year I need to be wary of?

A few things i noticed. Not much power but I need to be careful as it has 3.08s and I am used to my 6speed 6.2 Camaro.  Also, I don't know what to expect regarding the transmission. Are these 6spd auto ok?  

I'd want to double check the glove box for the RPO codes, it may not have 3.08 gears. The more common gear ratio is 3.42's if it has any offroad package. Seen it before where the website had the wrong information on it.

The 6 speeds are good transmissions. They have their faults like anything these days. Many people tune the trucks to make them work way better and last longer. Mainly the shift and torque converter settings because torque converter failure happens to some.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yzinger said:

The build sheet says it is 3.08, but the build sheet also says it is Z71 package also and has the proper badging. 

It is a Z71, has the Downhill Descent Control switch in the center stack.

Can you confirm the RPO code off the build sheet, should be something like this,

GU4 Rear Axle 3.08
GU5 Rear Axle 3.23
GU6 Rear Axle 3.42

Yea, If it were me, might look at a 16 or newer with a "little" better gearing just for overall driving/towing. 

Only thing you are really gaining is better gas mileage, that is if you can stay out of the skinny pedal trying to get it moving like a V8 truck should.

• Like 1

yeah thats what I am struggling with. I think for that money or real close I can get into something newer - not as trimmed out but really SLE or LT trims are typically fine for me.

Curious why you say 2016 or newer?

Edited by yzinger

On 3/6/2021 at 6:32 AM, yzinger said:

yeah thats what I am struggling with. I think for that money or real close I can get into something newer - not as trimmed out but really SLE or LT trims are typically fine for me.

Curious why you say 2016 or newer?

Damn, will sell my ‘14 double cab slt all terrain 6.2 with 3.42’s for less than that. Less miles too. I think I have 60k miles.

gotta find your own financing

Mods are blackbear tune, bilsteins, and hid projector upgrade

Edited by truckguy82