3.0 Duramax cranks but won’t start

1 hour ago, Frustrated GMC owner said:

posted this earlier... \

Got my truck back from the dealer; 2nd time for the no starting issue--starter runs for 15-20 seconds, truck does not start.  Dealer checked fuel injector data, fuel pump high and low side PSI while attempting to duplicate.  Checked and re-tightened ground connections @ G130, 131, 132, 133 and 134. Checked fuel PSI regulator for loose pins. Checked fuel injector #1 and cam sensor. OK no problem found.  So, I do not think the service manager was convinced the issue is fixed, time will tell.  But if it goes in for the 3rd time...?  Total days in the shop-19 days; 3 days 1st visit, 16 for the 2nd visit.

I have 2300 miles on my 2021 RST Duramax, have same situation. Dealer said they could not test the trucks electrical system , because I had an after market sound system installed. I would need to remove the system to properly test, I then told them the no start issue happened before I had the system upgrade. Dealer kept the truck another day to have another technician look at it. I Love truck and have big plans for it ( lift tires wheels). all that has to wait. I just wish the dealer would come out and say they have problems rather then try to blame me for making upgrades! 

On 6/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, ColoradoCub said:

#1 You don’t have a bent camshaft sensor.

#2. Did you not read the responses on this thread? That TSB was done on one of the members trucks a few posts up that’s responding in this thread and it did not fix his problem, why would you allow them to do it?

Because the Lemon Law and Magnusson Moss Federal Warranty Act requires that the dealer has three tries or 30 days in the shop to repair. Having said that, I have requested GM to replace the vehicle. I await their response. 

On 6/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, Barrett10 said:

New truck?  Mine is in for the second time… please let me know about getting the new truck?  Thanks Bob

My 2021 sierra has the bent camshaft sensor wheel. Currently in shop 3 weeks to replace. Requires body off engine out repair. 2nd time in the shop, 1st time they tied to just up grade firmware. Lemon Law here in Florida and the Magnusson Moss Federal Warranty Act require 3 time's at bat or 30 days in shop. I have however requested a replacement truck do loss of faith in the vehicle reliability after only 1000 miles. I await GM's response 

• Sad 1

In the same boat as everyone here. 2021 GMC Sierra 3.0 with 2000 miles. They are replacing the exciter and I’m expecting it back early next week after being in the shop for OVER 30 days due to parts shortage. I’ll update any new info I get. Thankfully it’s a lease but I was going to buy it out since it’s my perfect truck (just broke). Not feeling good after reading the thread though. 

16 hours ago, Rhino37 said:

Same problem here. Have an appointment for Saturday so guess we’ll see if they can figure it out 

Mine is supposed to be out of shop tomorrow. GM is extending my warranty and make

eing one truck payment so far. Hoping this fixes problem but time will tell. If it does not all bets are off.

2 minutes ago, Frankhpns said:

Mine is supposed to be out of shop tomorrow. GM is extending my warranty and make

eing one truck payment so far. Hoping this fixes problem but time will tell. If it does not all bets are off.

How long did they have the Truck and how much longer did they extend the warranty??

Edited by Frustrated GMC owner

25 minutes ago, Frustrated GMC owner said:

How long did they have the Truck and how much longer did they extend the warranty??

It has been in the shop for 3.5. weeks, of which  2.5 weeks was waiting for parts. 5 year on the warranty bumper to bumper + 1 truck payment. There isn't much you can do but negotiate, unless they have it over 30 days or three repairs without fixing it. 

2 hours ago, Frankhpns said:

It has been in the shop for 3.5. weeks, of which  2.5 weeks was waiting for parts. 5 year on the warranty bumper to bumper + 1 truck payment. There isn't much you can do but negotiate, unless they have it over 30 days or three repairs without fixing it. 

Mine has been in the shop 39 days, I have only had the truck for 18.  I am beyond frustrated!  And they refused to give me a loaner truck.  Im stuck in a small Buick Encore.

18 minutes ago, Frustrated GMC owner said:

Mine has been in the shop 39 days, I have only had the truck for 18.  I am beyond frustrated!  And they refused to give me a loaner truck.  Im stuck in a small Buick Encore.

The only resolution I know of is hite an attorney that specializes in the Magnason Moss Federal Warranty Act. No cost to you. Law stipulates that if vehicle is in the shop over 30 days or 3 attempted to repair they are required to buy it back or supply a new vehicle. Lemon laws also apply but a lot of them don't allow attorney fees.

You guys have literally read this thread, you know one owner had his truck ripped apart (per the bullshit exciter wheel bulletin) and we’re inconvenienced for at least 20+days for a problem that really isn’t that big of a problem and after all that knowing it didn’t even fix the problem but yet you still went ahead and participated in this experiment, I don’t know what to tell you! Please report back when you get your trucks back and it still does the crank no start. 

Edited by ColoradoCub