Service ESC after 6000 miles?

Service ESC after 6000miles??

Hey all I bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado RST brand new from the dealer in December. I put about 6,000 miles on it already (traveling) and now I got a rattle every time I accelerate, check engine light flashing, service brake light, service ESC light. Like wtf? Did I just buy a lemon? Anyone experience anything like this? 

I plan on taking it to the dealer but are saying they don’t have loaner trucks for me even though I have a travel trailer I need to tow

rattle and flashing check engine light sounds like a misfire condition.  If you're using consistent top tier gas I wouldn't think that was the problem...  Hopefully your build date doesn't put you in the valve spring TSB.  Good luck.

Call GM Customer care and tell them you need to get it repaired but must have a  compatible  vehicle . be nice but  firm and  they will ok the dealer to rent you something from enterprise . its how it works for us .   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Adam Kane said:

Service ESC after 6000miles??

Hey all I bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado RST brand new from the dealer in December. I put about 6,000 miles on it already (traveling) and now I got a rattle every time I accelerate, check engine light flashing, service brake light, service ESC light. Like wtf? Did I just buy a lemon? Anyone experience anything like this? 

I plan on taking it to the dealer but are saying they don’t have loaner trucks for me even though I have a travel trailer I need to tow

The lights might all be related to a sensor or connection serving the ESC. 

Might not take long to check/swap.  

I've seen the service esc light come on a couple times in two years so it can also be a fluke and nothing to worry about. But not when coupled with an actual problem. My 2019 is my personal reigning champion of weird non-issues. 

"No, I did not leave the radio on the last time I used the truck!" lol

Edited by Minnvmax