2021 Sierra 2500HD Wind Noise

My 2021 Sierra 2500 HD driving 55 mph + with windows closed has a wind noise like a window is open & a breeze is blowing through. Can hear it over the radio & A/C on. Dealer hears it & calls it wind rush & they cannot fix it. Blaming it on the truck mirrors. This noise is making me HATE this truck. If I would have taken on hi way & heard this sound, I Would Not have purchased it. Did Not have this problem with 2004 Dodge 3500 or 2016 Ford F-250 Lariat. 

Please Help.

• 2 months later...

Mine has it as well. I just got it a few days ago and noticed it yesterday for the first time. I thought the kids didn't close a door fully. It is slightly annoying, but I can live with it. 

I just bought a new 2021 GMC 2500 and high pitch whistle heard from front as well over 50 mph.  There is a service bulletin for 2020,Bulletin #20-NA-035, but nothing on 2021.  Any insight from anyone?  My guess is similar issue a the 20s but you would think they would have fixed for the 21s if a bulletin is out.  https://gm-techlink.com/?p=12784

On 3/30/2021 at 7:44 AM, MTU Alum said:

GMC truck have a whistle that comes from the grill at speeds over 50 mph.  There might be a bulletin on it or have your dealer call TAC.  

#iworkforGM 

Glad you posted this.  I heard the noise but wasn't sure what it was.  Good to know, and it doesn't really bother me now.

Thank you MTU Alum, purchasing dealer told me they can't do anything with the 2020 bulletin, whether true or not, I am not sure.  From research, I believe the 2021s have updated part number from that bulletin addressing the 2020s.  It's definitely noticeable above 55.  It is dependant on wind direction I believe.  I may tape areas around hood to test.  I had a 2010 Ram 1500 that whistled from the grill area, the next year they added a weather strip to hood.

Unfortunately stuff like this annoys me especially when they have wind tunnels and engineers who I would think spend countless hours on testing interior cabin noises.

I reached out to another dealer waiting to hear back if they find anything.  Please let me know if you find anything, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Dealer ordering parts for 2020 fix as that is what tech support advised them to try.  Waiting on parts currently.  I did put blue painters tape over along the front edge of hood and whistling stopped, so I believe that is most likely the problem.  I just hope GMs replacement weather strip replacement kit resolves it as well as the painter's tape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Josh, taping off the front edge of hood over the rubber seal on the front edge of hood seems to stop it.  I'm still trying to find a clean way to make that permanent.  MTU alum said the problem is somewhere near that fake intake on hood.  I'm thinking where I'm taping is disrupting air flow enough to reduce whistle noise.  I'll try and get some pictures on here.

• 4 weeks later...