Adding front cam. Is it possible?

Hello everyone. I am interested in doing the rear view cam mirror mod that is listed here and about to purchase all the parts. I also want to know if its possible to add a front facing camera too or will that need something to be reflashed by dealer or WAMS?

2019 Sierra 1500 AT4 without 270/360 cam. Only have rearview cam

I did something similar with a wireless camera from amazon.  It was part of a camera setup I installed for towing my travel trailer.  After I sold my trailer,  I also gave up my dependence on cameras.  Pickup trucks have always been a challenge to park but with practice (and perhaps a few bumps 😉 ) you can get pretty precise with the placement of your front bumper.  I'm not adding this as a criticism to camera technology as my next vehicle will have 360 view!   When you watch the coming and going of trucks in a crowded parking lot you'll see some drivers park their trucks like it was a smart car.  Others, need two stalls and several attempts to dock their trucks.  I like to challenge myself to park quickly and precisely using only my windows and mirrors.  

If you wanted oem camera system it would be hard to add on a truck with no VCM but might be possible if you had ios or iot radio.  I had an RST with a VCM because I had bedview package.  A truck with only rearview cam does not have a VCM.  I was able to add oem front cam by swapping VCM with a 360 one.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, Donstar said:

I did something similar with a wireless camera from amazon.  It was part of a camera setup I installed for towing my travel trailer.  After I sold my trailer,  I also gave up my dependence on cameras.  Pickup trucks have always been a challenge to park but with practice (and perhaps a few bumps 😉 ) you can get pretty precise with the placement of your front bumper.  I'm not adding this as a criticism to camera technology as my next vehicle will have 360 view!   When you watch the coming and going of trucks in a crowded parking lot you'll see some drivers park their trucks like it was a smart car.  Others, need two stalls and several attempts to dock their trucks.  I like to challenge myself to park quickly and precisely using only my windows and mirrors.  

Which one did you use?

1 hour ago, Tbaem said:

Which one did you use?

I bought the Haloview wireless system with 7" monitor/recorder and camera for behind my trailer. I added their licence plate mount camera for my front view.