Add Retrofit OEM Vented aka Cooled Seats to Silverado Sierra Option KQV via WAMS

Successfully added cooled seats to truck today thanks to White Automotive Media Services WAMS custom BCM programming.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/t1-pickup-wams-spec-bcm-programming/

First I swapped my heated seats out with vented seats from an LTZ.  I also gained power passenger seat,  memory seats/mirrors and power fold mirrors (controlled by MSM in seat) see my other posts about this.

You dont have to do all the memory stuff everything still works if you only want to swap to get cooled seats.

You will need a new HVAC control switch that has cooled switches- 84692240.

You will need programming. 

I purchased autosync device from WAMS.  Autosync is awesome so many things to customize and new features are frequently added.  One time purschase but you continue to have new features added.  WAMS takes very good care of customers.  WAMS added heated rear seat programming to autosync at my request!

I loaded new files to autosync and programmed truck within 5 minutes I had OEM cooled seats and they feel great.  All my wiring for seats were already present in my RST. 

Add heated rear seats too.  See other post on that.

Thank you Chris from WAMS!!!!

20210422_162941.jpg

20210422_162930.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/22/2021 at 9:22 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

Successfully added cooled seats to truck today thanks to White Automotive Media Services WAMS custom BCM programming.

First I swapped my heated seats out with vented seats from an LTZ.  I also gained power passenger seat,  memory seats/mirrors and power fold mirrors (controlled by MSM in seat) see my other posts about this.

You dont have to do all the memory stuff everything still works if you only want to swap to get cooled seats.

I purchased autosync device from WAMS.  Autosync is awesome so many things to customize and new features are frequently added.  One time purschase but you continue to have new features added.  WAMS takes very good care of customers.  WAMS added heated rear seat programming to autosync at my request!

I loaded new files to autosync and programmed truck within 5 minutes I had OEM cooled seats and they feel great.  All my wiring for seats were already present in my RST. 

20210422_162941.jpg

20210422_162930.jpg

I have an LTZ but needed the bench seat in the front. This combination would not allow me to order the truck with ventilated seats.  Is there a way to determine if all the hardware is there and just needs to be programmed? Also, did you get the flash tool or send in your BCM? 

20210422_162941.jpg

20210422_162930.jpg

Can I ask how much this cost (seats, controls and WAMS services)?  There are only 2 things I wish my 2020 LT Trail Boss had.  Power folding towing mirrors and cooled seats.  Neither are options available on an LT.

4 hours ago, TRKLGND said:

Can I ask how much this cost (seats, controls and WAMS services)?  There are only 2 things I wish my 2020 LT Trail Boss had.  Power folding towing mirrors and cooled seats.  Neither are options available on an LT.

following.

10 hours ago, Jbert93 said:

I have an LTZ but needed the bench seat in the front. This combination would not allow me to order the truck with ventilated seats.  Is there a way to determine if all the hardware is there and just needs to be programmed? Also, did you get the flash tool or send in your BCM? 

Do you have vent holes in your seat cushion? look underneath for a vent motor or feel back of seat for vent motor bulge behind leather.  Check your harness underneath your seat to see if you have all the pins.  I had all the pins in my body harness so i figured all the wiring was there just needed to install LTZ seats.

Screenshot_20210427-174551_Drive.jpg

9 hours ago, TRKLGND said:

$1000 for seats,  $120 for switch,  $400 for autosync.  Sold my seats for $600 and I use autosync for other things.  The seats allowed me to install power fold mirrors and have memory seats (memory control module is built into driver seat it controls folding)  The mirrors allowed me to upgrade to 360 view.  They all tie together.  

I did 360 view 1st,  figured now I have mirrors that can fold I am going to try to get that to work.  Bought seats and got fold/memory to work.  Did the OEM wireless charger built into console when I bought the oem console harness I bought the one that supported heated rear seat.  Autosync allowed me to activate the cooled seats and heated rear seats works perfectly just like from factory.

Power fold mirrors and memory seats

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/242146-adding-dez-power-fold-mirrors-and-a45-memory-seats-to-a-2019-2020-silverado-rst/

360 surround view

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/240624-adding-360-surround-view-uvi-trailer-camera-package-to-uvs-surroundinvisible-trailer-upgrade-2020-silverado-rst/

• Like 1

Where can you buy just the seats?  Wonder if I can even add em with just an lt optioned truck.   I almost bought a used ltz for the seats alone... heated seats where I live is absolutely worthless!!

8 hours ago, offroadman83 said:

Where can you buy just the seats?  Wonder if I can even add em with just an lt optioned truck.   I almost bought a used ltz for the seats alone... heated seats where I live is absolutely worthless!!

Nordstrums in SD is where I got mine.  Frieght to PA.  Check your harness under your driver seat check and see if you have the pins for cooled seats. I put pin out is in this post.  You will gain power adjust passenger seat too.

• 10 months later...
On 3/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, Matthew Pritt said:

What is the exact list of parts needed so that the vented seats function properly? 

you need...

-pair of oem cooled/heated seats

-hvac switch 84692240

-autosync T1 bcm programming from WAMS

i already had heated seats/make sure your harness has the cooled seat circuits 

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:58 AM, Gduck24 said:

following.

I just took delivery of 2022 LT Trail Boss.  This is exactly my sentiment- I'd try anything to upgrade to power folding mirrors and ventilated seats.  Any help is appreciated.

• 1 year later...

20210422_162941.jpg

20210422_162930.jpg

Do you know if this same BCM programming would work for a 2020 custom retrofitting 2021 high country seats?

I got seats and bought wiring harnesses/memory bypass harness for them but was told by the guy who makes the harnesses that even if I got the thermostat controls that I couldn’t get Heat/cool to work because nobody had figured out the BCM. 

beyond my understanding. To me if you get them power and get an on off button they should work but apparently not.