Adding fog lights to my truck

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 9:01 AM, daphniesman04 said:

I just bought a 2017 crew cab Silverado LT but it has no fog lights! I really dont want to drill I to my new shiny chrome number to add fog light. Has anyone ever tried to add fog light onto this truck  successfully and have it look clean as in not redneck ?

Hello.   i had the same situation with my 201 crew cab.  i purchased a bumper online with the oem foglight cutouts, and had it painted.  i then purchased a set of fog lights, and used the GEN5DIY wiring harness to have the lights come on with my lowbeams.  no dash switch needed, and i am very pleased with it.  simple swap to do. 

I drilled into the plastic trim above the bumper. The bumper already has predrilled holes that I used to mount my additional fog lights. They work great and I think look pretty clean.

IMG_5125.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 5:38 AM, silverado2k18 said:

Hello.   i had the same situation with my 201 crew cab.  i purchased a bumper online with the oem foglight cutouts, and had it painted.  i then purchased a set of fog lights, and used the GEN5DIY wiring harness to have the lights come on with my lowbeams.  no dash switch needed, and i am very pleased with it.  simple swap to do. 

Glad to hear you finally got it done. Been away from the forum for a long time and just logged in to see what was new. I did exactly the same thing on my truck and I'm also very happy with it. 

On 5/30/2021 at 5:16 AM, jake241983 said:

Glad to hear you finally got it done. Been away from the forum for a long time and just logged in to see what was new. I did exactly the same thing on my truck and I'm also very happy with it. 

Definitely glad I did the upgrade.  I am still in search of a floor console for my truck.  I have the floor shifter for the 4wd and 60/40 front seat.  any ideas?

11 hours ago, silverado2k18 said:

Definitely glad I did the upgrade.  I am still in search of a floor console for my truck.  I have the floor shifter for the 4wd and 60/40 front seat.  any ideas?

No, mine has the knob by the steering wheel for 4wd. I'd imagine it's probably been done though.