Hitch receiver choices

Patiently waiting, not, for truck I ordered, 2021 2500HD Gas.  I was hoping for some recommendations on Hitch receiver, as I have reached "Search" and "Google coma.

My current 2003 1500hd I have a 2" drop to pull my 7x19 enclosed trailer, 7ft tall.   So am thinking because the 2500HD is 3 inches taller, I will need at least a 6"inch adjustable receiver.

I don't plan on lifting or bigger tires,  ordered with 18" rims.

Really don't need BW stow and go.  Hoping to get opinions on Aluminum, vs Stainless Steel, vs Steel.  and the longevity of each, as am really not sure of the aluminum type.

Appreciate any advice .

Ordered same truck but diesel its here but pick it up in a week.  I was going measure it but figured best wait till it gets here and play around with it.

With that said I have had a rapid hitch, which there is a link to.  Its all aluminum except the balls.  Love this thing its one piece fits 95% of the trailers and probably 100% of the stuff I would ever tow.  I fully recommend this,  Ive had it for 12 years now and no issues at all,  best thing is no rust and very very little corrosion, if I took the time to clean it would look brand new.  There are some other brands, and some brands that use steel as well.  But this design in general wins, done are the days of guessing on which ball to have, have two sets of equipment, and deal with an unlevel trailer or have to block up the tongue to get a trailer on a fixed hitch,

Mine currently is a 6in drop and is used on an F150, but has been used on a chevy 1500 and two Ford Diesels.  With the the 1/2tons its usually in the zero drop setting or maybe 2in range.  Havent ran it on a diesel in a while  but last time from what i remember it was usually in the 2-4in drop range. 

TBH this thing would probably last another 10 years because its aluminum maybe long.  I might be upgrading to an 18,000 lb one just to match the trucks capability,  and while I have hauled my 10k boat with this hitch, its probably time to upgrade.

With that said and probably true with any hitch,  dont leave these in all year around specially with salt,  its not that they get stuck, its the pin that gets stuck,  twice now I have to take to a dealer to get the pin out as I couldnt pound it out. 

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch-Ball-Mount/Andersen/AM3410.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google | Shop - Trailer Hitch Ball Mount&adgroupid=87631909362&campaignid=1672411804&creative=404001588902&device=c&devicemodel=&feeditemid=&keyword=&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=9005292&matchtype=&network=g&placement=&position=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1a6EBhC0ARIsAOiTkrE_IpDBZymW4Sr-5VH7PwW9B_xwNX1y4O_fGOYMQRe_DA5wyTd1Q9IaAj37EALw_wcB

6 hours ago, maynard9089 said:

You didn't say if you ordered a Chevy or GMC but if it is a GMC with the Multi-Pro tailgate you may want to consider the B&W hitch made specifically for the drop down tailgate.

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/product/multipro-tow-stow

Good point.  That tail gate looks cool but with all things being equal somebody kind of had a brain fart on this design.

With that said with the BW hitch you still have to remember to to take half of it off at that point my as well take the whole thing off.

I went with the Anderson 6" drop.  Thanks for all the info, ordered a Chevy so no MP tailgate. The receiver won't stay in the hitch unless I am towing, so corrosion shouldn't be an issue.  Most likely going to purchase the lock pin set as well.

2 more questions.

Do the new 2500hd come with  a 2" insert for the 2.5 receiver?

I also see those rubber squares that are suppose to help with noise, any opinion on those?

3 hours ago, crf450r said:

My 2020 3500 LT came with it. I assume yours will too.

4 hours ago, crf450r said:

I went with the Anderson 6" drop.  Thanks for all the info, ordered a Chevy so no MP tailgate. The receiver won't stay in the hitch unless I am towing, so corrosion shouldn't be an issue.  Most likely going to purchase the lock pin set as well.

2 more questions.

I also see those rubber squares that are suppose to help with noise, any opinion on those?

I get my truck next week and was told yes.

15 hours ago, crf450r said:

I have used these in the past with no luck. I though it would help and no dice. I run the Weight safe hitch right now and its been awesome no issues and I've abused it pretty good.