Manual Mode or ERS question

Hi there,

New owner of a 2021 GMC 2500 SLE with 5th wheel package, SLE Value Package, and X31 Offroad package.

I was trying to get into Manual Mode on the transmission, on page 241 of the owners manual it says to pull back on the shift lever, when I do this nothing happens, so is this an option I may not have?

Next will this affect the ERS, I would really like to be able to lock out 6th and possibly 5 gear while towing up and down hills. If I have read the book correctly, I need to shift into L for this to work, but have not tried it yet.

Thanks for your help

T

The detent after drive is L where you can manually shift the transmission.  On your shifter there is a +/- button to raise or lower gears.  Like you mentioned this limits your maximum gear but allows the transmission to use lower gears as needed.  

#iworkforGM 

59 minutes ago, MTU Alum said:

The detent after drive is L where you can manually shift the transmission.  On your shifter there is a +/- button to raise or lower gears.  Like you mentioned this limits your maximum gear but allows the transmission to use lower gears as needed.  

#iworkforGM 

Thanks, It seems that I do have the ERS, for locking out gears when towing, and that is all I really need. My 2015 Ram, had the "Manual" mode for shifting gears yourself, my SLE does not seem to have that, and I am ok without it, I think I used once, just to try it in my Ram.

I need to get my trailer hooked up and see how the ERS works, but have not reached the pre-towing break in mileage yet.

Thank you for your reply

tim