HD Surround Vision Camera Problem

Been waiting about a month to get to the dealer to address what I thought would be simple software issue. Was told that my surround vision camera view is normal. (See pictures).

Quick backstory: I’ve owned my 2020 Silverado LTZ since Aug 2020 and I’m 99.99% certain that before the last automatic software update, my camera view was perfect. I first noticed the issue late March when I backed up into my normal parking space at work and I took out the curb with my right rear wheel! 

The rear view showed the curb spaced from the truck about 8 inches more than I actually had in relation to what the side view camera shows. The front camera has the same problem but not as much. 

For you guys with the surround vision on your trucks, how does it look? Does everything “line up” as it should? The dealer tech said there is nothing he can fix because the system shows no errors. Great.

250552D7-97D9-4F25-9B4F-0D762EF5B97F.jpeg

F5B305C5-CF95-4015-994B-CBE346641A6C.jpeg

A4352193-FD06-4332-BD04-FC73BAB76BB7.jpeg

Edited by Z06JPB

49 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

My 19 looks like that too. Has since new.

Interesting. 

I’m certain mine was correct then something changed. I would have noticed this issue a long time ago if it’s how it came from the factory.

Strange thing is my wife’s 2018 traverse premier has surround vision and it is perfect all the way around with no distortion of any kind. If GM can get it right on this car, why not my truck? 

Seems like lazy software calibration done by a third-rate hack computer engineer at GM.

Edited by Z06JPB

• 8 months later...

Z06…when new, my camera had sharp lines. After about a year of driving I noticed my lines are like yours. I was wondering if other people had this issue and the dealer would help correct the surround view. It’s definitely not as reliable anymore. 

just finding this thread now, sorry for joining late

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Not sure if others in this forum had the 2" lift or bigger tires put on (I have the 2" lift), but they recalibrated them for my truck.  With that said a radio update came through and now it is misaligned.  Wonder if these updates are messing with us.

Otherwise the lifts without recals could be your problem.  The LTZ does not offer it off the bat so the updates may go back to original configuration.

Mine was off completely, no idea when it started. I had to bring the vehicle in to the dealer and had a VPCM or something like that replaced. 

Following is before and after. Not perfect, but a lot better.

Screenshot_20210629-102247_Gallery.jpg

• 6 months later...

Here is my "before" picture. I only have a painted line on the left, you have to use the seam in the asphalt on the right to see the misalignment (2022 2500HD). I will see if the Chevy dealer can reduce the error.

IMG_0426.thumb.jpeg.931501a8f64d5c4d69283d5e20eb68b8.jpeg

Keep in mind the overhead or airplane view is not an actual photo but a computer-generated image so it will not be precise. Lines in the side cameras actual vision range will be correct but beyond that it's a simulation. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:25 AM, repairman54 said:

Keep in mind the overhead or airplane view is not an actual photo but a computer-generated image so it will not be precise. Lines in the side cameras actual vision range will be correct but beyond that it's a simulation. 

That's not what we're talking about.  We're talking about the overlap areas between the adjacent cameras.  They appear to have become skewed after the recent update.  Previously the lines within a parking space were all correctly aligned between the various cameras.  Now some of the lines are offset and do not track from camera to camera.  Something has changed in the camera alignment algorithm.