Anyone have any fender flares installed on there 2020 Trailboss?

Just wondering how different styles look on the body. Anyone seen any fender flares with accent bolts that are black instead of stainless steel??

17 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

I've considered but hear they rot the fenders out?  Is that only if it's a bad install?

I believe most of them require you to screw into the fender. As you can imagine, now you've removed the paint coating (in the new hole) and introduced a place for water to get to it. I haven't done it myself but I imagine if you do screw into your fender you could always coat the bare metal after or apply some kind of sealant.

Almost all screw onto the inside of the wheel house lip and the top edge just rests against the outside of the fender which is where dirt, salt, water, etc gets in. Most also state to remove them each time you wash your vehicle to clean out the salt, dirt and crap that gets behind them.  Older truck owners put them on to hide fender rot, but ones on new trucks can accelerate fender rot because few owners take them off the clean behind them.

Edited by Dpach

Installed some on my 2020 LT Trailboss. Ended up not even painting them as I planned, the black goes well with the bumper and wheels. Took me a while to find the most simple flares. 

silverado1.png

silverado3.png

1 hour ago, eha133 said:

Installed some on my 2020 LT Trailboss. Ended up not even painting them as I planned, the black goes well with the bumper and wheels. Took me a while to find the most simple flares. 

Looks nice! Which flares are these? Also, did they require screwing into the fender to install?

Of course they were supposed to fit on precisely by using the provided clips and fasteners, but there were a few holes that did not lineup right, I ended up just drilling a few tiny holes (maybe 4 total) in the wheel lining to make sure the flares were very snug to the truck. If you leave one un-fastened the flare does not look right. I had to remove the small plastic factory mud flaps that were installed. It was definitely more challenging than the installation instructions, but not too bad. Probably took 3 hours total. actually found them on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Stampede-8637-2-2019-2020-Chevrolet-Compatible/dp/B084N9SZKK

Stampede 8637-2 Original Riderz Fender Flare for 2019-2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Set of 4 Smooth Black. Compatible with 5.8 and 6 feet Bed Lengths.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:43 AM, eha133 said:

silverado1.png

silverado3.png

Those Fender Flares look good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have install the AIRDESIGN fender flares on my 2019 Trailboss. They use a design that sticks the mounting nuts to the fender. Way stronger than normal 3m kinds. I dont have pictures, but their web site is great. Recommend them so far.