‘21 SilveradoHD Low tow rating

Hey, I recently received my 2021 Silverado 2500HD. I ordered with the WT trim. I have it optioned up with Alaskan snowplow prep, and the WT safety/convenience packages. It has integrated trailer brake controller, aux battery, and that’s about it.

It has been a great truck so far.

I was hoping I could get some insight as to what everyone else’s door tag tow sticker looks like. I have no idea how to upload photos but mine is:

Con. TWR= 12000lb

tongue= 1200lb

goose TWR= 16620lb

Tongue= 2490lb

Curb weight 7063lb

payload 3587lb

Now being that my travel trailer is 7000lb dry I really have zero concern about any of the numbers, however I have always thought the conventional trailer tow rating on these gassers was supposed to be more in the 14,500 mark.

any ideas why mine is so low? If I recall correctly I think the truck being equipped with the 275 70 18 Hankook Dynapro MT2 may have changed the rating when I built the truck but any other insight is great. Thanks!

This doesn’t help a ton but something is definitely off…my Duramax Denali has a max payload of only 3065 but an 18500 conventional trailer rating.  I doubt the tires have anything to do with it, they may effect your max payload but not your towing capacity.  Maybe someone with a gasser can chime in but those are my numbers.