2006 Silverado WT Scanguage II Install

I installed A Scanguage II in my 2006 Silverado Work Truck, if you own one you know there is no trip, mpg, much less the ability to scan, clear codes, or read RPM and sensors. I purchased a overhead console and cut out my opening to install in my roof.  Wired the courtesy lights and the Homelink to the Mid Body Connector using the wiring diagram off the threads.  Then used the blank for the cubby hole to cut to fit around the Scanguage II, then wrapped the rough edges of the opening I cut by using rubber edging I had left over from another fender flare project. Using my carpenter skills I cut the rubber edging at 45 degree angles to make the picture frame opening. Then firmly pressing the Scanguage II through the opening I cut letting the friction pressure hold it in place. Running the cable was a little concerning as it was just barely long enough. But all is good. Next is the testing of the Trip and MPG. I am pleased so far.

Oerhead Console w Scanguage II.jpg

13 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I didn't know you were a Scan Gauge user 😉  Cool tool...

Yes, had one in my 2002 Silverado and have one in my 2014 Cruze diesel.  It keeps me up on it's transmission temp as well as when it regens.

• Like 1