Driveline Clunk

I’ve got a shift into drive and reverse clunk which I know is somewhat normal. However it clunks when resuming cruise on the highway. It looks like the front of the driveshaft is the culprit. I’ve attached a YouTube video. 

the reverse clunk isnt normal.  Its a sign that you have a U-joint on your main shaft going bad.  You can hear a transition to reverse but not a clunk.  As Swathdiver said, a Motor mount sounds like a real good possibility and worth checking. 

• Like 1

All motor mounts were replaced 40,000 miles ago when the motor was replaced however I’ll look into them. A friend of mine suggested transfer case chain slop. While pulling my trailer this weekend, I slowed down and upon acceleration I heard the same clunk. I was able to recreate the noise with no trailer by slowing down and then pushing down on the gas I heard it but it wasn’t as significant. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, Jon M said:

All motor mounts were replaced 40,000 miles ago when the motor was replaced however I’ll look into them. A friend of mine suggested transfer case chain slop. While pulling my trailer this weekend, I slowed down and upon acceleration I heard the same clunk. I was able to recreate the noise with no trailer by slowing down and then pushing down on the gas I heard it but it wasn’t as significant. 

Any updates?  

This sounds like a motor mount and similar to what I experienced earlier this year. I thought it was the slip yoke but the driver's side engine mount was shot. I had hydraulic fluid from the mount leaking down onto the front diff for over a year and couldn't figure out the source. Some fluid would end up on the ground and looked like a dried orange/brown color. Check for signs of dried fluid on the top of the front diff.