Help with part number/name.

Well, I thought this would be easy. Looking for the seven pin wiring harness that plugs in behind the oem 7-pin bumper plug of the trailer light connector and runs up and plugs in to the 7 PIn vehicle plug. it’s essentially an adapter harness for seven pin connector. One side is male, and the other side is female. 

he connects the OEM trailer plug on the rear bumper, to the wiring harness just underneath the truck. 

I have looked up every word and search term in GM parts websites. I can’t find anything with a part number or name that will bring me to this product. Does anyone have any assistance they can offer?

even a simple schematic of the wiring in the rear of the truck with part numbers listed underneath would be great. I think I could find it from there. Looks like it might only be about a 10 inch long wiring harness may be a little longer. 

I will add pictures of the two adapters I need to connect together under the truck. 

DCD521D2-ABB8-43BA-B5D8-546D31977FF6.jpeg

FEBB6145-85CD-407E-9CC0-EA691819DF26.jpeg

Can someone please help me out.  I’m trying to find the part number for the wiring harness that connects the trailer wire harness on the rear bumper to the truck itself. 

It’s the wire that runs from behind the rear of the bumper to the truck plug underneath the truck.  

I have looked EVERYWHERE to try and find the OEM part number.   I am at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

7E2B5818-70DE-4166-9A10-CAF1929E96E9.jpeg

44525113-5350-419B-AE80-BBA9A1433DA0.jpeg

1626B8F6-2885-4F75-80FD-9A08A8FCDC46.jpeg

Anyone with a 19/20/21 (new body style Silverado, with towing package)??

So I’m trying to source a part that is missing. I had the truck repaired after rear end damage and when I got the vehicle back, the wire was missing. The wiring harness behind the 7 pin tow connector.  I’m trying to find out where it connects to the truck at.  I can’t source the part/diagram online. I talked to several dealerships parts departments, even they were having trouble sourcing the part. I Was going to go to the dealership lot and look at some of the trucks on the lot and see how they are connected, but thought someone could help me out here first.  It looks like a male/female wiring harness, maybe 10 inches long.   Best I can tell, it looks like it plugs in to a harness connector that runs along the rear frame crossmember.  I’ll include a photo of where I “think“ the harness plugs into by the rear frame member. I’ll also include a photo of the back of the seven pin trailer connector. 

I found a similar part for the “old model” 2019’s , but parts catalogs say it doesn’t fit my truck.  The photo for that part is here. Part number 84154213

if someone could just send me a photo of how this connects.  Is it hard wired to the entire vehicle wiring harness assembly? Or is a simple pigtail connector? If a pigtail, any part numbers.  

if it’s hardwired into the vehicle electrical harness assembly, I’m wondering if they didn’t “accidentally rip it“. 🤦‍♂️

begging 4 help.  Thanks again to the forum

A8FDD50E-32BE-49C7-8640-93940FCE1BD6.jpeg

78077540-11EE-44D5-A000-A029798D309D.jpeg

image.jpg

FCAD8839-5410-4BCC-8151-1119FD3EB83B.jpeg

2021 with advanced towing looks a bit different, hope this helps can't see the other end it goes on top of the spare

8D79D5AF-5CC0-4045-A6D4-4F67B5B315BE.jpeg

Edited by WeGone

Thanks.   I’ve got a 2019 with basic towing package.   I’m hoping mine isn’t “hardwired” like yours is (mine doesn’t appear to be).   I appreciate it a bunch.   I just spoke with the body shop and they said that they are ordering this part (photo below).  It “looks” like the right part, but I’m not sure why it is labeled “parking aid system wiring harness”. The system says that it fits my truck.  But I don’t have parking sensors, but the part does appear to have the appropriate connectors.   Fingers crossed.   I’m still hoping someone else with a basic towing package chimes in here.   Thanks again. 

19B728C4-87B8-44BA-AD82-B2646E6C0ABA.jpeg

52 minutes ago, BrizzoDaIzzo said:

Thanks.   I’ve got a 2019 with basic towing package.   I’m hoping mine isn’t “hardwired” like yours is (mine doesn’t appear to be).   I appreciate it a bunch.   I just spoke with the body shop and they said that they are ordering this part (photo below).  It “looks” like the right part, but I’m not sure why it is labeled “parking aid system wiring harness”. The system says that it fits my truck.  But I don’t have parking sensors, but the part does appear to have the appropriate connectors.   Fingers crossed.   I’m still hoping someone else with a basic towing package chimes in here.   Thanks again. 

19B728C4-87B8-44BA-AD82-B2646E6C0ABA.jpeg

Why didn't you go back to the body shop and ask them where it is? Have them get you a replacement if it is not laying around there shop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Why didn't you go back to the body shop and ask them where it is? Have them get you a replacement if it is not laying around there shop.

That’s the problem.   They don’t know what happened to it and now they are having trouble sourcing the item.   I thought I’d have a look and try to source the part myself.  (2 heads better than one). I can’t find a solid part number to save my life.   Just wanting to at least “see” the part to match it up to some of the suspected parts online.  But since that part is missing, I have no visual cross reference for it. 

Edited by BrizzoDaIzzo