How do I cover all the darn chrome?

Hey guys I’m looking for a way or suggestions to cover all the chrome on my Silverado. Between the bumpers, the pice where the bow tie is and the mirror caps there is just too much! I was looking at some plastic covers, possibly replacing the bumpers or having them vinyl wrapped. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

77D56280-A55C-4EF6-8AE6-E2D064BBC3F0.jpeg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RN371 said:

Hey guys I’m looking for a way or suggestions to cover all the chrome on my Silverado. Between the bumpers, the pice where the bow tie is and the mirror caps there is just too much! I was looking at some plastic covers, possibly replacing the bumpers or having them vinyl wrapped. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

77D56280-A55C-4EF6-8AE6-E2D064BBC3F0.jpeg

Enjoy it!  How about having it blasted off and the pieces powder coated black or painted to match?

• Like 1

The grill comes off pretty easy and the center chrome detaches. I took mine apart, planning to spray w/ removable coating, but ended up sanding and spraying with a black chrome paint. Looks good, but should have prepped better, it has chipped some. The gold bowtie also separates from grill, making painting it very easy. 

I've done some pieces in vinyl wrap. That works well too. Buying nicer wrap is well worth the money, it is more workable and forgiving. Vinyl wrapping is an art to get it right, imo. Im still learning. 

On 10/9/2021 at 9:16 AM, darkhorse220 said:

The grill comes off pretty easy and the center chrome detaches. I took mine apart, planning to spray w/ removable coating, but ended up sanding and spraying with a black chrome paint. Looks good, but should have prepped better, it has chipped some. The gold bowtie also separates from grill, making painting it very easy. 

I've done some pieces in vinyl wrap. That works well too. Buying nicer wrap is well worth the money, it is more workable and forgiving. Vinyl wrapping is an art to get it right, imo. Im still learning. 

Got some pics of the black chrome? I'd like to see that.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, darkhorse220 said:

20210613_224524.thumb.jpg.12fcc936619e05bca0078b3d4000dc74.jpg

Headlights also have a slight tint applied.

I was going to blackout the lower chrome area, but will likely be doing a hidden winch bumper which replaces that piece. 

Look's good so far. Why not a blue bowtie ??